Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 and E-Tube App Question
Quote | Reply
Recently got a new bike with Ultegra Di2. Tried to go for a ride yesterday and battery completely dead. It was full just last week. I was doing some configuration changes to the set up a few days prior via the E-Tube app and didn't hit the "disconnect Bluetooth LE" button on my phone when I finished. Is this what caused the battery to discharge? I have the Shimano wireless transmitter installed (EW-WU111 i believe). I just assumed the Di2 controller would turn off transmitting via the WU-111 automatically but maybe not?

This is all getting so complicated...
Last edited by: TriMike: Jan 22, 18 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 and E-Tube App Question [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the bluetooth module, but I had a similar episode happen to me 2 weeks ago.
Battery went dead overnight, charged it and it went dead again, while researching I found out several people saying you need to disconnect the bluetooth or it will drain the battery.
In my case my SO pushed the shifter button for the RD while the bike was on the stand. I would think after a while the RD would go to sleep, but apparently it stayed on trying to complete the shift until it drained the battery.
Quote Reply