Di2 Peeps: Quick Question
Quote | Reply
Right now my Speed Concept is set up like this:

Two SW-R671 shifters
SM-EW90 3-port junction box A
JC-41 junction box B
DN-110 battery

This is all set up "normally". What I would like to do is

Two SW-R671 shifters, one set up to shift the rear derailleur, one not wired as a dummy
Two Shimano ST-6871 brake lever/shifters
SM-EW90 5-port junction box A
JC-41 junction box B
DN-110 battery

I would like to wire the shifters and the battery to the 5 port junction box, run a single wire from the 5 port junction box to junction box B, and then wire junction box B to the derailleurs. I want to hide the battery in my left aero extension.

Will this work?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Peeps: Quick Question [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes it will work,i had my battery in the aero extension with dura ace 1 button shifters
if you want the extensions to run just the rd why not use the dura ace 1 button shifters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, why do you want to place the battery in the aero extension? The battery fits perfectly inside the seatpost (SC gen 2) without the battery bracket and is a very straightforward installation.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Peeps: Quick Question [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the aluminum seat post. I find it's less prone to slipping. Also, it's one less cable to disconnect when I travel (seat has to come off when the bike goes in the car :)
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Peeps: Quick Question [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
yes it will work,i had my battery in the aero extension with dura ace 1 button shifters
if you want the extensions to run just the rd why not use the dura ace 1 button shifters

I already have the two button shifters. Not worth the money to me for the change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can program them them to run "duplicated sram-style". That way both of the buttons on the left shift the RD up and both of the buttons on the right shift the RD down.

CX guys with 1X do this so their cold hands in thick gloves can smash either button on the brifters to do the intended shift.

Additionally, you can have both top buttons shift the RD up and both bottom buttons shift the RD down. In the freak event that one shifter craps out or whatever, you'd still be able to shift from the extensions.

(Bottom line...you have buttons, way as well be able to use them!)
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Peeps: Quick Question [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about:
battery in one extension

JC41 in the stem or other extension
RS910 in the other extension
Another JC41 in the frame.

Should be able to achieve hidden wires and junction box

The main issue with this plan is that the RS910 needs a bar ID of 20.5 and the best I've found on measuring several extensions is 19.3mm. So might need a bit of machining or sandpaper to work.
But would be very tidy...
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Peeps: Quick Question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the spirit of the idea but I actually need the junction box to be exposed so I can easily remove the aero extensions for travel. My plan is to use the Premier Bike travel case this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is how my setup is now, if you look all wires go back inside the basebar and only have 1 wire coming from the basebar and one from the frame into the bento box.

both extention wires are taped down into the basebar as well for the "wiresless" look however, i did leave the battery in the seat post, used 3 junction B boxes and a about 3 extra wires to make it all work!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply