Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 10 vs 11
Quote | Reply
If I put Di2 on my bike (10 gears on rear cassette)….do I have transition to 11 speed? This would prevent me from having to by new cassettes and doing whatever I would need to do to my carbon wheels to make them compatible. Is 11 really that much better than 10….is it worth the switch to 11 also?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 10 vs 11 [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
If I put Di2 on my bike (10 gears on rear cassette)….do I have transition to 11 speed? This would prevent me from having to by new cassettes and doing whatever I would need to do to my carbon wheels to make them compatible. Is 11 really that much better than 10….is it worth the switch to 11 also?

If you get Ultegra 10 speed DI2... you don't have to change hubs or cassettes. Ultegra has Etube technology which has become the standard of 11 speed DI2 (both Ultegra and DA).

You could also get 10 speed DA DI2... but the system is relatively obsolete... and parts are becoming harder to come by. I wouldn't get this version.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 10 vs 11 [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

If you get Ultegra 10 speed DI2... you don't have to change hubs or cassettes. Ultegra has Etube technology which has become the standard of 11 speed DI2 (both Ultegra and DA).

You could also get 10 speed DA DI2... but the system is relatively obsolete... and parts are becoming harder to come by. I wouldn't get this version.

thanks….so if you get DA 11, you have to run 11…..it won't work with 10 cassette/wheels?

Is 11 really worth it on a tri bike? I can see it on a road bike, but I do not use all of the gears in long course tri racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

Is 11 really worth it on a tri bike? I can see it on a road bike, but I do not use all of the gears in long course tri racing.

11 is for when you need that extra push over the cliff ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Is 11 really that much better than 10….is it worth the switch to 11 also?

With your username I'm surprised you even asked this question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

thanks….so if you get DA 11, you have to run 11…..it won't work with 10 cassette/wheels?

I think there might be a way to run 10 speed on the 11 speed stuff... I believe there are a few people on here who have done it and posted about it.

I am running 11 speed... so I can't help you with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty simple.

Assuming you're doing Ui2, just buy out your 11 spd parts list, except substitute the 6770 RD and FD for the 6870 RD and FD.

When you make the switch to 11 spd, just buy the 6870 RD and swap out/update firmware.

6770 FD should work for 11spd also.

Then sell 6770 RD on ST classifieds.

Done.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Last edited by: owtbac86: Apr 22, 14 19:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing to consider is what extra cog you'd be picking up by moving from 10 to 11.

I ride an 11-28 cassette. I'd drop the 24 cog, and add a 23 and a 25. That seemed utterly meaningless to me.

10:   11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-28
11:   11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25-28
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 10 vs 11 [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. I wish they'd have just added the 16. That's the gear I miss the most on an 11-28.
Quote Reply