Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri?
Quote | Reply
Have there been any indications from Canyon as to when they will formally announce and then discuss the new Speedmax yet?

What do we know beyond what we saw in the ST article a month or two ago?

I was hoping to see something off the back of their appearance at Eurobike, but nothing.
I wonder if they will unveil at Kona?

Liam
Quote Reply
Re: Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrote them an e-mail a couple of days ago with this exact same question. They replied the bike shown at Eurobike was a prototype (as we all know) and that it will not be officially presented "anytime soon". It will be presented some time throughout the year but it won't be happening anytime soon. Meanwhile, all the carbon models of their Speedmax are currently sold out and Frodeno keeps on winning on a bike they don't sell...
Quote Reply
Re: Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri? [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks,

I'm really interested in it. With the £ so strong against the euro at the moment, Canyons are an absolute steal.
I'd be amazed if they at least don't do an introduction to it at Kona, especially since it has a decent chance at being the winning rig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their current speedmax is still a very sought after bike, so I don't think theyre in a hurry to come out with a new one yet, I expect the pro athletes will ride the prototype version for a while longer before we see any consumer versions.
Quote Reply
Re: Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri? [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were it a new UCI legal model, I'd agree with you.

Since it's a tri model, I don't see them as particularly being in competition with each other. They're merely aiming at a different market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're right I hadn't thought of it in terms of uci non uci. But when I see the current model being ridden it just doesn't look like a 100% completed bike. The integration is thrown on there (that's what it looks like to me anyway) and I think Frodeno lost his front hydration thing at IM frankfurt so that's something that I'm sure needs improving.
Quote Reply
Re: Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri? [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that the current storage looks bad or poorly designed, but I agree that the plain white can leave it looking a bit "unfinished".

Re: the loss of Frodo's bta hydration at Frankfurt, I think that little touches like these are likely what are holding things up.
Canyon might have gone back to the drawing board on the mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The IM rules say that prototype is not legal, unless the race director say it is OK. So if the kona race director have a bad day......?

http://www.gudmundsnilstveit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri? [Guddis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guddis wrote:
The IM rules say that prototype is not legal, unless the race director say it is OK. So if the kona race director have a bad day......?

Hmm, that's very interesting.

So does it mean that Frodo could legitimately be disqualified from his WC win last week?
Quote Reply
Re: Details on new Canyon SpeedmaxTri? [Guddis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why do you say the prototype not tri legal?

hard to believe frodo would be riding something illegal...he's won a number of races on it already...
Quote Reply