Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Deschutes River Trail
Quote | Reply
Is this trail paved or dirt? Looking for some not-particularly-technical trail running in Bend. Also, where is a good 5ish mile trail run in Sisters?

I'm planning my vacation up there and in outdoor sports overload! So many things to do!
Quote Reply
Re: Deschutes River Trail [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't live in the area but visited a couple years back. River trail is both paved and dirt, really nice running even in January (except for a couple ice patches). Would definitely recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deschutes River trail is paved around the Old Mill District, but dirt North of Old Mill on both sides. The Upper Deschutes River trail (can get it to off Cascades Lakes Highway) is much longer, providing some nice single track and views of the river. First Street Rapids is also a nice dirt trail along the Deschutes. None of these trails are technical.

In Sisters, Peterson Ridge Trail is a nice trail to run that gives you plenty of options for different distances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's tons of trail running here - you should also check out Shevlin Park (in Bend) - trail and not too technical. Near Sisters there is the Metolious River Trail as well.

Enjoy your time here - there's tons to see & do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are all perfect! Thanks for the suggestions. Now if I could only bring my road bike and do McKenzie pass I'd be set.
Quote Reply