Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Des Moines Triathlon
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about signing up for this race. The results from last year were pretty strong 12 guys under 2hr. Other than offering a separate pro division what is the draw for this race for people that have raced it? Des Moines is a biggish city stuck in the middle of no where so it can't be the easiest race to get to if you're travelling. Enlighten me!
Quote Reply
Re: Des Moines Triathlon [Ngarrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Driving in from Omaha for it, so I hope it's a good one!

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸ PLUSH Global âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's supposed to be a great course. I too am considering this one on the recommendation of a few other triathletes who did it last year. They said it is fast!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Des Moines Triathlon [Rooster519] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The course is basically the same as the old Hy-Vee triathlon and also the 5150 Championship. I've done the Hy-Vee 5150 twice and did the Des Moines tri year before last. Yes, course is fast and event is one of the best I've been to. The finish is right in front of the capital building. I believe Premiere Event Management still has this race and they do this one right.

Downtown for dinner is great, lots of good choices.

I met Rinny, Greg and Laura Bennett there year before last, love how they can get a nice pro field.

They will bus spectators from swim start to finish line in a nice air conditioned tour bus and they have my favorite post race food - CHOCOLATE MILK! When my 15 y/o daughter caught up to me after my finish she said "now THIS is how to put on a triathlon". Really can't go wrong with this race IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, they have a great farmers market the day before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They changed the course a little in 2016 which resulted in even less elevation gain. In 2015 I had around 550 feet of gain looks like the 2016 course had less than 300. Vrrrrooooom!

When I raced in 2015, Cam Dye crushed the bike leg in 52:21 and TJ Tollakson wasn't much slower at 52:41 so yeah, fast course then and even faster if they use the 2016 route.
Quote Reply
Re: Des Moines Triathlon [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.strava.com/segments/13124088?filter=overall

2016 course via Strava
Quote Reply