Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeSoto Triple T
Quote | Reply
It's that time of year again when all the big races for the year are over and you start thinking about plans for next year. The DeSoto Triple T has piqued my interest but I don't know anybody who has done it. I think I can get a team together but before I/we commit, I would like to hear some impressions of the race. Has anybody out there done it or know someone who has?

Thanks in advance,

John
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Triple T [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought athat it was a very good race, but also extremely hard. The organization and logistics were very well done, and prizes were pretty good for top 5. If you put a team together make sure you are all about the same ability level or at least are going to stick together for the final two races. Lots of teams dropped teammates on the final half-im and they looke miserable finishing. Also for the price you get four races in three days, two nights lodging and a few meals.

andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, my opinion may be biased since I race on the HFP team but I think the Triple-T is one of the most unique races out there and it's something everyone should try once. It is very challenging physically and mentally. It's a beautiful place for a race by Ohio standards. It's a good deal with lodging, races, food, race jersey, finisher t-shirt, etc. included for the price of a normal M-dot race. The last reply was very true, that you need to have a very balanced team or a team with great chemistry. It's also a very competitive race, the quality of people racing last year was very good. The cabins that you stay in are very nice and the lodge does a pretty good job with the food. Don't forget that if you can't find a team, just go solo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In lieu of an Ironman this past season 2 buddies and I signed up for the TTT and had a blast. It's one of the best deals in triathlon going. Well run, accomodations were fine, very challenging course...Totally agree with finding teammates with similar abilities. And this is a tough as heck course. Make sure to put in hill work on both the bike and run. You also get to know your competition very well which was cool. Everyone supported each other well throughout the race. I say do it.
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Triple T [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that my teammate Brian???

I agree with Brian. Very well run race. Very challenging. Great scenery. Good courses. And best bang for your buck. Do your homework and train on the hills. I thought i would be fine with a 39-25...wish I had a 27 that weekend.
Quote Reply