Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Daytona Beach Florida
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be in Daytona beach for a few weeks. I would like to get some open water swims in. Does anyone know of any good spots to go or of any groups that swim there. Also does anyone know of any good routes for the bike or groups that i could tag along with.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona Beach Florida [RyanArf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a free, daily (except Sundays) open water swim in a private lake in nearby Orlando near Universal Studios. Google Luckys Lake Swim. Lucky is a very generous guy who shares his resource with everyone. Great guy, great people, great swim!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With regards to Lucky's Lake, it's a solid 1 hour drive from Daytona best case scenario. Great place to train but it might be a bit far for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm probably going to do the Lucky's lake swim, sounds fun. Thanks for the info
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RyanArf wrote:
I'm probably going to do the Lucky's lake swim, sounds fun. Thanks for the info

Easiest way to get there is I-4 West, go past downtown, get off at Conroy Road (you'll see "The Holy Land" attraction on your right), make a right, head to Turkey Lake Road (there will be a Citgo/7-11 on your left) make a left, then go about 1/4 of a mile, you'll see the lake with the buoys on your left, make a left on the road *before* Vineland Road, Lucky's is the second gate on the left. Swim starts at 7:45 on Saturdays. As a first timer I suggest getting there around 7:20 so you can fill out the waiver. I usually park out on the road. There are plenty of places to eat on Sandlake Road (~1 mile away) after the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona Beach Florida [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the info again
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona Beach Florida [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
With regards to Lucky's Lake, it's a solid 1 hour drive from Daytona best case scenario. Great place to train but it might be a bit far for you.

x2. Lived in ORL for 4 years (and hopefully moving back). Nevertheless, it's easily over an hour drive one way and most people only do 2 laps—roughly 2k yards. While the experience is amazing and is a great way to start the day, I don't think it's worth 2 hours driving for 2k yards.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup Luckys, headed there tomorrow actually. 6:30am weekdays and 7:30 or 45 on Saturdays. Holidays are the same time as Saturday's.

Your first several crossings you'll need to cross with a pull bouy. No big deal though.
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona Beach Florida [distantkitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7:45 on Saturday if it starts on time. If you start off toward the front make sure you sight on your own: sometimes Lucky or Tom go off on crazy lines!

There's a kid swimming there... I can't remember his name... Hector?.... who is definitely a future ITU talent.
Quote Reply