Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI if you were looking at these saddles I just noticed some new "stock padded" saddles on their site:

http://www.dashcycles.com/tri-saddles

Also the prices on the custom ones went back up from $399 to $465.

I just picked up a Stage 9 myself......
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late bump on this thread but I am seriously thinking of trying one of these out. Can we get some of you to chime in on your experience with these saddles?

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
Late bump on this thread but I am seriously thinking of trying one of these out. Can we get some of you to chime in on your experience with these saddles?

I use the Dash 9 wide version. Great saddle - will take a few rides to get use to... I like it because the uniform feel when you need to slide up or back. Also 90g vs Cobb at 270g.

The owner - Weston - is very reasonable and will work with you to find the right saddle in his line up.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree very good guy, my GF had wrecked the cover on her saddle and he re did the leather for free, great service….looks brand new.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Stage 9, narrow version with max padding. It comes in at 99 grams and I love it. My ISM adamo breakaway that I had before was ok, but The Dash is much more comfortable. Worth every dollar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my dash, had an issue with my original and it was replaced quickly. very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a tt.9 and agree that the Dash is the most comfortable saddles Ive ever owned.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
I have a tt.9 and agree that the Dash is the most comfortable saddles Ive ever owned.

^this.

do it. Dash is king. your underbits & legs will thank you.... most important piece of kit I own...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Dash on all my bikes (Tri.9 on TT bikes and Strike on indoor trainer).
Once you get dialed in on a Dash you'll love them forever and if you don't like it you can return it and they'll replace it with another saddle (any brand) of choice.
Great company and great service from Weston!
Sam
samgyde.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have always wanted to try one of their saddles but the $500 price point wasn't going to happen. I decided to try one of the stock $300 Dash Stage saddles.

I currently use a Specialized Sitero (and really like it) so what advice is there for setting up the Dash?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We worked with them this past year and will again in 2015. The first batch they sent saddles out, I assumed there was only 1-2 saddles in the package based on the weight. I opened it up and there were 8 :-) crazy light and we have had zero issues with quality

I think they have a fit guide on their site but if not I can post it. It sits much further back on the rails than a normal saddle due to the nose being chopped off and the rails in a different position. I used my normal saddle in the process to line it up correctly
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [USPro Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently ride an Adamo Road saddle, but the padding is really starting to wear. It's 4 years old and I'm now considering one of the 'cheaper' Dash saddles. Any thoughts on which one (Dash or Strike) would be best coming from my current saddle?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The setup of the Dash 9 will require a little Nose Down ~ 3 deg. In contrast my Cobb VMax was about 1 deg nose UP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for posting about this saddle. Sounds like a great product and company to work with. I'll get in touch with them in the new year to see which model and width might work for me.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you need something else to read, check out an article I wrote back in January:

http://www.mid-atlantictriathlete.com/...-review-saddles/c1i7
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [hetron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddles - new stage/strike @ $299 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't say for sure as I haven't been on the Adamo. I know for me though I had much better luck with the Strike. Several models worked great too but the Strike seemed to give me more width options, as it's narrower in front and wider in back than the other models
Quote Reply