Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dash Saddles - pelvic rotation.
Quote | Reply
Firstly, how important do the fitters regard pelvic rotation and how much is too much?
I've been studying a lot of positions recently and it seems some of the best riders e.g. Tom D from the pro cycling world and Lionel from our world, don't actually rotate their pelvis that much, preferring to have more of a hump relying on spinal mobility.
Theorectically this could generate more glute input I guess.

With Dash saddles the saddles are flat from fore to aft, I always thought the beauty of saddles like the adamo and to a certain extent the spesh power was to aid the rotation by providing a sort of hammock shape.

How does this work with the dash, do you just roll forward and stick your perineium down in the cutout?
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Saddles - pelvic rotation. [Tom_Hughes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is exactly what has worked so well for me. During long-distance cycling, having extra saddle underneath me to move fore and aft (roll my pelvis) has alleviated more pain than any other saddle I've ridden so far. And the wide center cut is sufficient to not cut into my private parts.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Saddles - pelvic rotation. [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this with the dash?
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Saddles - pelvic rotation. [Tom_Hughes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, The Dash Saddle thread was what I was responding to. I had mine custom made; my biggest concern is that nobody over ~180 lbs sits on the saddle as it was designed light and small.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply