Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by ifp123
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [ifp123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cant you load them directly on the unit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just about to start another kill Garmin thread. My wifes 910 won't download to her account although it says it was syncd. I F..KING HATE GARMIN!!!! This new connect is bullshit. It's not your 500, it's Garmin.
Can anybody suggest another platform I can use. All of my Garmin stuff will be for sale in the classifieds.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

Only FTP can be changed at this time (software). And imagine all the many people using Edge units with incorrect HR settings, uploading bad data in STRAVA for ever and ever. Ever see people with max HR's of 190+ and 'Suffer Scores' above 200? makes you wonder if they're about to have a heart attack on a 1-hr. ride (LOL).
Last edited by: ifp123: Apr 20, 15 16:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
planned obsolescence by garmin, upgrade to the 510
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
planned obsolescence by garmin, upgrade to the 510

...So the Edge 510's HR zones can be changed manually??? No need for downloading via Garmin Connect? Also, can I load my stored data from 500 to 510 (lifetime miles, power meter hrs, etc)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent 45 min last night trying upload a bike file from the 500. For the last 2 weeks any bike file over an hour will not upload to TP. The 910 was screwy last night also but i left it on all night and eventually it synched to connect. It seems like I can get the stuff to garmin connect after many failed attempts, but longer bike files from the 500 will not upload to TP. Ive tried with 3 different computers.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spasmus wrote:
I spent 45 min last night trying upload a bike file from the 500. For the last 2 weeks any bike file over an hour will not upload to TP. The 910 was screwy last night also but i left it on all night and eventually it synched to connect. It seems like I can get the stuff to garmin connect after many failed attempts, but longer bike files from the 500 will not upload to TP. Ive tried with 3 different computers.

Try a manual file upload. Something **changed** on STRAVA a few days ago (some Garmin crap) so I now have to select manual file upload. Works quicker, although two more mouse clicks. But, to my original POST - Anyone know what;s up with HR zone donwload-->Edge device??
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Magellan Cyclo 505 (with Mio wrist HRM), and it uploads via wifi and integrates flawlessly with Strava. My Garmin Edge 500 only gets used (on one bike) because I'm waiting on the Tate Labs out-in-front mount that's compatible with the Magellan "foot."

Mark Chandler, Editor In Chief
GRAVELBIKE.com | ride everything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not pledge to avoid Garmin products rather than fall into their upgrade to yet-another-faulty product cycle?

I'm not complaining very much about my Fenix 2 because for the most part it's stable and does what I want - EXCEPT that Garmin doesn't upload torque effectiveness and pedalling smoothness, even though I can see it during a workout. I will not buy another Garmin product if they don't fix with features that are in the user manual on a product that I've already purchased.

I have logged a customer support ticket with Garmin and all they said was that it's a known issue and they don't have a timeline for the fix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was having issues so I deleted my fitness pal. That did the trick for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I uploaded my complaint to Garmin yesterday. I have a FR305 - yeah, I know, obsolete. BUT - it was working/uploading fine. Then Garmin killed Communicator support for Chrome. Ummm...OK. I Installed Express and used Connect on Chrome. Here's my experience. One and done. In that, I mean, I get one sync and then Express throws up an error that it has to close and that I should contact Garmin customer support for help. BUT, if I uninstall GE and reinstall, immediate good sync (after re-associating my device with Connect). The next sync? Ummm..nothing. GE does not even recognize that my FR 305 is connected. How do I know that it's connected (besides the cable into the USB port)? Well, Garmin Training Center downloads everything without trouble. Even better - Communicator still works on IE (for me). So that's how I got Sunday's run off my 305 and onto Connect. At the same time my 305 is not connected, according to GE. SIgh.

C'mon Garmin. ONE robust conduit for sync. And if its just so expensive/troublesome/irritating/whatever to support older devices, just be like MS - claim old device bankruptcy and tell those with legacy devices that there's no more support. Happy to take my $ elsewhere. And from the age of my current device and the lack of connectivity, that new device is getting closer and closer.

As an aside, as an engineer, this is pretty frustrating, My hardware, while old by consumer electronics standards (for some things), works *great*. I have no reason to upgrade. Battery life is fine, all functions work flawlessly, screen and alarm are perfect. Sure, it's clunky and has no capabilities for power or swimming, but I'm OK with that - I bought it for a use case (duathlon, mostly sprint and olympic distances) and it worked - and still works - great for those applications. This is exactly what the design engineers envisioned during the creation of the 305, I'm sure. So by crippling the software, I need new hardware. Sure. What should the next device be? Suunto? I have a non-GPS Suunto watch that's great, so maybe. Polar? I still have an S710i that remains perfectly functional (but no GPS). Someone else? I dunno. But hard to continue to support Garmin based on their lack of commitment/capability in getting Connect/sync working robustly - it's been many months of Connect excuses...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would it help if you just used Garmin for the GPS? is it more reliable that way? seems like it's HR that's giving you problems.

if you find the software frustrating, i can't recommend Suunto, which does well at getting a signal, keeping info, etc., but also has frustrating software.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But I want the Garmin for pace, distance, elevation at the same time (synchronized) with HR. I'm not using the Garmin to navigate, but to record my effort. Gotta get that uploaded. Thanks for the Suunto info - my Suunto device is an non-uploadable Vector. Nice piece of equipment, many years old, But you gotta know how to navigate with compass headings! No HR or GPS... Still, awesome, wrist-based hardware. Like my Polar. Like my Garmin. So, software/uploading is the differentiation. Garmin stinks in the upload capability, in my experience. But my Suunto device does not upload at all and my Polar device uploads with IR (yes, yes, extinct as the dinosaurs - but the fact is that it work with Win 8.1 - every stinking time). So, trying to find that sweet spot of robust hardware (easy) and long-lasting, robust software/uploading (does not exist, in my experience, so far)...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ifp123 wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

Only FTP can be changed at this time (software). And imagine all the many people using Edge units with incorrect HR settings, uploading bad data in STRAVA for ever and ever. Ever see people with max HR's of 190+ and 'Suffer Scores' above 200? makes you wonder if they're about to have a heart attack on a 1-hr. ride (LOL).

I've done 30-60 minute runs with my HR in the high 180's to mid-190's a number of times. Hell I've had my HR above 200 for a period of time with no issue. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ifp123 wrote:
Is the any workaround?
Use Training Center. Low tech, but at least it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
ifp123 wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

I've done 30-60 minute runs with my HR in the high 180's to mid-190's a number of times. Hell I've had my HR above 200 for a period of time with no issue. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't.

WTF??? ...smh - I have no clue where that came from; I'm not chasing High Heart Rate numbers for my fitness. Stay Safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ifp123 wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:
ifp123 wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

WTF??? ...smh - I have no clue where that came from; I'm not chasing High Heart Rate numbers for my fitness. Stay Safe.

I'm not "chasing" high heart rate numbers either. But as someone who has a resting heart rate in the mid-40's (used to be in the 30's in HS) I'm not too worried. I also know that I can maintain very high heart rates for a long time.

Simple statement that everyone is different and your statement sounds closer to the 220-age statement than something that is based on actual testing.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a windows update and couldn't get Garmin Connect to work at all with my 910. Decided to try it with my iMac at work and it worked great. So now I am syncing at work.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [Skolbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine took a shit with the windows update. I have to delete express and reinstall for ever upload. So stupid, such a waste of time. I would rather have a docking station that plugs in to my computer that works all the time. Yesterday it took me longer than my ride to get it to upload so that i could have the data from my FTP test for my coach. Get your shit together
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [RN86314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is *exactly* my experience with a FR 305 (see above). Win 8.1.
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did some revision to Garmin connect. This weekend, I couldn't get my Edge 500 to sync, but my 910 worked fine. Now my 910 won't even work. Left an email through their customer service website last night and haven't heard squat from them. Huge disappointment in Garmin!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Damn Garmin Connect Software [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After several weeks, Garmin support finally replied with an update on why the Fenix 2 does not export Torque Effectiveness and Pedaling Smoothness - get ready for it - because "The Fenix 2 does not support recording Torque Effectiveness and Pedal Smoothness." This despite the fact that it displays these metrics, and they are included in the user manual.

To be honest, I don't even care too much about these metrics, what bothers me is their disingenuous non-response; The audacity they have to tell me that something that is in the user manual and available for display is not "supported."

Although I've been content with the Fenix 2 (despite not being able to sync with Bluetooth and unreliable Garmin Connect support) I find Garmin's response ridiculous and I won't be buying their products anymore. I wouldn't bank any money that their products will meet their listed requirements with firmware or software updates either.
Quote Reply