Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road.
Quote | Reply
It is getting cold where I live and I need to get back on the rollers. So I will train at work during my 1.5hour lunch. I need someway to hold my I-phone at appropriate movie viewing height attached to my handle bars so I can watch something while I ride. I can not set up a t.v, computer or lap top as each day I need to remove the trainer etc. and set up time takes away from training time.

Any ideas.

P.S. I added the "on the road" to the thread title to entertain myself with posters that decided to reply without reading the text.
Last edited by: FTDA: Oct 30, 14 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while bikiking on the road. [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask for a longer lunch break, 1.5 hours? seriously? where do you work North Korea?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while bikiking on the road. [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The conditions are brutal I know. But it is all I can do. I can also set up 5 minutes before 11:30 and be showered and ready to work for 1:10 so I can maximize the training time to 1.5 hours.
Last edited by: FTDA: Oct 30, 14 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you can find a really old school rear view mirror that attaches to your handlebars and
then you could find a way to attach your I-phone onto the mirror. maybe this lovely thing......

http://www.ebay.com/...Mirror-/400570348015

do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Oct 30, 14 14:31
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bam!
That it the answer right there.
I can then mount my I-phone belt clip to it and that will hold the phone.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is awesome. Is TV hat available as a trucker style hat?

do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Oct 30, 14 14:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about one of those gorillapod stands. Seems like it would work. They have a small one for an iPhone size and a bigger one for an iPad. Seems easy to "install"/remove.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice
And my local future shop carries that.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, but how do I get the tree in my basement?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.ebay.com/...;hash=item3a971c856c

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTDA wrote:
P.S. I added the "on the road" to the thread title to entertain myself with posters that decided to reply without reading the text.

That's great - total clickbait for me! I was preparing to search the tubes for a popcorn eating .gif

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTDA wrote:
It is getting cold where I live and I need to get back on the rollers. So I will train at work during my 1.5hour lunch. I need someway to hold my I-phone at appropriate movie viewing height attached to my handle bars so I can watch something while I ride. I can not set up a t.v, computer or lap top as each day I need to remove the trainer etc. and set up time takes away from training time.

Any ideas.

Got me to read it :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTDA wrote:

Any ideas.

Dumbest fucking idea I've ever heard. Great until you run into a bus.

Ok, that out of the way, what you might do is see about a bluetooth transmitter to send it to google glass. That way you can see it while on the trainer, and then you can stream on the road without it blocking vision. :p

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, you got one. ^ Ahaha
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you have to be so mean. It is my life I put at risk and I will do what I want.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a music stand for my iPad. They are light and easy to set up (only 30 seconds).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a workout armband with a clear plastic screen on it that I have strapped to the handlebars on mine in the past - seems to work ok, but you have to look down the whole time
Quote Reply
Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [Hussman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought about that. But I wonder if it would work for my situation, an I-phone and on rollers. I would likely have to have the I-phone set up too far from me to be truly viewable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about buy a tv and put it in front of your rollers?

Re: DIY I-Phone holder to watch netflix while biking on the road. [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re-read original post.
Last edited by: FTDA: Oct 31, 14 7:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is getting cold where I live

Move some place warmer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I move the stand slightly to the right of the center of the bike and straddle the riser ring with the stand legs. The iPad is about eight inches away from the hoods.
Quote Reply

Prev Next