Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DIFFICULTIES SUBSCRIBING TO IRONMAN EMAILS
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had difficulty subscribing to Ironman emails (Ironman Life, event notifications, Ironman store, etc.)?

A month or two ago I changed my email address. I changed my email address in my Ironman account but the Ironman emails (I used to receive them almost daily) kept coming to the old address. I then unsubscribed my old email address and subscribed using my new email address. There is now almost a complete absence of emails from Ironman. I get one or possibly two emails each time I subscribe to Ironman email updates but then they stop.

I have tried subscribing using different email addresses which has made no difference. I have emailed Ironman web support and athlete services but have not heard back from either of them.

I have three Ironman branded races coming up in 2018 and am concerned I will not get any race info emails.

Has anyone any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: DIFFICULTIES SUBSCRIBING TO IRONMAN EMAILS [Iron Geezer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Geezer wrote:
I changed my email address in my Ironman account but the Ironman emails (I used to receive them almost daily) kept coming to the old address.

That has to do with their backend IT systems. They made a copy of your data (namely e-mail address) to insert into their bulk email systems which are separate. Those systems do not get updated when athletes update the ironman account. That's super common with many organizations. This on the other hand:

Quote:
I then unsubscribed my old email address and subscribed using my new email address. There is now almost a complete absence of emails from Ironman. I get one or possibly two emails each time I subscribe to Ironman email updates but then they stop.

I have tried subscribing using different email addresses which has made no difference. I have emailed Ironman web support and athlete services but have not heard back from either of them.

That's a completely separate problem. Best guess is your new e-mail vendor is junk mail filtering bulk mail from ironman. Either check the junk mail folder (if any), or whitelist ironman.com and email.ironman.com (maybe others too), or switch email providers if you have no control over the junk mail filtering.

Quote Reply
Re: DIFFICULTIES SUBSCRIBING TO IRONMAN EMAILS [Iron Geezer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suggestions???? Maybe just thank the Lord your not getting bombarded with WTC emails.
Quote Reply
Re: DIFFICULTIES SUBSCRIBING TO IRONMAN EMAILS [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, sounds useful. I'll dig in to how the spam filters work.
Quote Reply