Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DI2 BMC TM02 2015 bike
Quote | Reply
Hi all i am new to the forum, i currently have a BMC TM02 11 speed 105 bike. I am looking to upgrade my bike to Di2 shifting. I am completely lost what to order and what will work with this bike. I love my local LBS but they want to order the parts for me at their huge mark up. Just looking for the entry level version, the wife hates the sport enough all ready. lol... Any help with the parts would be great

PS
I need to keep the crank as it is a power2max power meter.

Ironman Wisconsin 2017
Ironman Racine 70.3 70.3 2017
Ironman Augusta 70.3 2016
Ironman Muncie 70.3 2016
Quote Reply
Re: DI2 BMC TM02 2015 bike [brentmeyer2015] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've recently upgraded to Di2, I can't speak directly for the BMC as I'm not sure about the battery situation (internal or external - I beleieve some models have an internally-mounted external battery - if that makes sense?), but in general you'll need the following

• Switches - bar-end/brake leavers/climbing switches/ 1-button/two-button... take your pick (see notes below)
  • 1 x junction A - this is the one with the button and lights on
  • minimum 1 x junction B (4-port)
  • Battery
  • Battery mount if externally mounted
  • Front derailleur
  • Rear Derailer
  • Minimum of four cables - you'll have to determine the length you need based on how you rig it up.

The simplest set up would be:
  • Bar end shifters plug into 3-port junction A at the front end of the bike
  • 1 long cable connecting the Junction-A to 4-port Junction-B, typically housed in the bottom bracket area.
  • 3 cables plugged into the remaining ports on the Junction B, one for each of the battery (or battery mount if external), front derailleur and rear derailleur

The other questions you might want to consider are:
  • Do I want shifting at the brake leavers? If so you'll have to buy the necessary shifting switches and most simply just use a 5-port junction A to connect the bar-end and brake leaver shifters. You can however connect these to a 3-port junction-A if you get creative with some additional 4-port Junction-A mounted in the bars
  • Do you want Synchroshift functionality? If so you'll need either the new internal battery or the newer external battery mount if mounting the battery externally - this may also influence your choice of switches as if you were to solely use Synchro you can just use the single button shifters or simply add some single button climbing switches by the brake leavers negating the need for the integrated brake switches (note you'll need to extend the cables with junction boxes if going down this route

If you get the new battery/mount i would reccomend getting the new in-line Ant+/BTE transmitter - makes it very easy to adjust and update the system using the e-tube app.

Hope this helps

Steve

Quote Reply