Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DA DI2 9150 PROBLEM...
Quote | Reply
So... I went to friend's today to set up Synchro Shift on his bike.

I downloaded the Etube software, connected to his bike, and began the FW update. All was going as planned... until the FW failed, and the bike disconnected from BT completely.

After that... no lights... no shifting... totally dead.

My first thought was maybe the battery died during the update (although it's a new bike, and shouldn't require charging yet). We charged the battery fully... but still no lights, and totally dead.

HELP!! Any ideas??
Last edited by: Donzo98: Sep 19, 17 15:06
Quote Reply
Re: DA DI2 9150 PROBLEM... [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try disconnecting parts one at a time and see if you can get it to work. Also disconnect and reconnect the battery. Be sure the battery is fully charged (regardless if it is brand new, you should fully charge it). Also make sure all cables are properly installed (detach and reattach), as sometimes they pull out just a little.

Di2 is wonderful, but if there is some kind of glitch it is absolutely terrible. You literally have to go through each and every part to make sure it is working as something like a single bad cable could cause problems in the whole system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The old 6870 manuals warned to connect and update the battery first (since that is where the brain is). Then you do the rest. Perhaps try that. (Is the system already installed?)

Otherwise, can you simply connect the A junction straight to a computer with the USB connector...removing BT as a possible (probable) source of error?
Quote Reply
Re: DA DI2 9150 PROBLEM... [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
The old 6870 manuals warned to connect and update the battery first (since that is where the brain is). Then you do the rest. Perhaps try that. (Is the system already installed?)

Otherwise, can you simply connect the A junction straight to a computer with the USB connector...removing BT as a possible (probable) source of error?

Both of my previous DI2 FW/synchro shift updates were done the same way I tried this one.... no issues. I have 9070 on those bikes...and got the new batt and EW1111.

Then I go to do my friend's... and no dice.

Strange, since it's a new bike, and was working flawlessly minus the FW update.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Sep 19, 17 17:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:

Yep... system already installed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried straight USB and avoiding BT?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Have you tried straight USB and avoiding BT?

It's my friend's bike... he's not as obsessed about fixing the problem as I am. He says... let's wait till Monday :)

I'm not sure I can... LMAO,
Quote Reply