Quote | Reply
See video LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4QkGoOZ_AE

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Australia is Dangerous! [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've hit 3.
2 on the MTB on singletrack which isn't so bad, but 1 on a tribike, in aero, in the wet, maxed out going downhill and just as I entered a fast sweeping corner.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Australia is Dangerous! [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
Yes, I've hit 3.
2 on the MTB on singletrack which isn't so bad, but 1 on a tribike, in aero, in the wet, maxed out going downhill and just as I entered a fast sweeping corner.

Wow, I thought that video was an anomaly, not a reoccurring problem! Sorry to hear that, but glad you were ok.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problems in the US (this was just north of SF):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y85asfrxBo

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Australia is Dangerous! [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in a place with loads of wild deer. They are getting hit by vehicles all the time, but so far I've been able to dodge them on my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
people here in Aus love this clip because it takes out a cyclist. The hatred of cyclist in oz is atrocious.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Australia is Dangerous! [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is where I live - north of SF.

Though not bicycle related, my funniest interaction with an animal is when I was leaving Yosemite by car early one morning. A bear ran out crossing the road and hit our car. That's right. We did not hit the bear. It ran into the back of our car as it was running across the road. Probably said to itself "man, I need my morning coffee"

Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Australia is Dangerous! [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
The hatred of cyclist in oz is atrocious.

I think the US might have you beat on that one...
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Australia is Dangerous! [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends where you are. I've spent considerable time in NY, GA, CA, TX, and AZ and most states have been very good to me. I never had a problem at all in NY, GA or AZ. In CA I had one asshole follow me at 10mph on a climb blaring his horn for 10 minutes. But that was it in 4 months of riding 20+ hour weeks.

But TX was bad. So many close calls, so many people shouting, etc. I never want to ride there ever again. Strangely it was all people in pickups.
Quote Reply