Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Training Rides in Tri Suit
Quote | Reply
Anyone else do their training rides in a sleeved one piece tri suit? I'm thinking of picking up a couple suits for such use.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Training Rides in Tri Suit [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only done it a couple of times as I get close to race day just used to the fit while riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes and i've never been more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Training Rides in Tri Suit [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you opt for a more affordable suit $100-$150 range since they will be laundered more being used in training?
I like the Blueseventy tx2000 but I'm also considering the 2xu X Vent which is cheaper.

mattyboy wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:

Ditto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
Anyone else do their training rides in a sleeved one piece tri suit? I'm thinking of picking up a couple suits for such use.

The pad on tri suits is less comfortable than regular bike shorts since it's thinner to allow it to dry out after the swim.

Plus you'll look like a tri dork for all the world to see on a training ride.

But if it floats your boat, tri suit away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On training rides, I usually wear a standard tri suit with a cycling jersey on top. Have not ventured into the sleeved tri suit category. What's the purpose / benefit of a long sleeved tri suit? Aero?

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
Do you opt for a more affordable suit $100-$150 range since they will be laundered more being used in training?

No I buy whatever I want to race in, but on sale. For example I got my Desoto suits for like 30-40% off, and my Castelli was 21% off. I have yet to wear any of my tri gear out - maybe I treat my stuff better than others. I still use Desoto Riviera shorts from like 10 years ago. I also figure stuff is cheap for a reason, and the last thing I want is to be uncomfortable during training.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Training Rides in Tri Suit [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
The pad on tri suits is less comfortable than regular bike shorts since it's thinner to allow it to dry out after the swim.
Plus you'll look like a tri dork for all the world to see on a training ride.

I find the opposite - my bibshort pads are less comfy in the aero position because they are not designed for that. And I see plenty of road riders dressed up like dorks, and what do I care what people think of me while I'm out getting skinny and they are getting fatter by the minute eating a burger and drinking a Big Gulp... In fact it might be the opposite - I still get plenty of catcalls from the ladies when I'm out training.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Training Rides in Tri Suit [Don Woodward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don Woodward wrote:
What's the purpose / benefit of a long sleeved tri suit? Aero?

For me, sun exposure mostly - trying to keep that to a minimum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also do my lunch time swims in my tri suit with sleeves. I get burned otherwise and cannot cover my back with cream. I just make sure to rinse it really well in the shower and air dry. Use a couple older Tri-Octanes
Quote Reply