Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Shoe Insole Talk
Quote | Reply
Looking for shop talk (your experiences) with good cycling insoles. I am thinking I am wanting to try a set for my Lakes (size wide). I need an insole that a) doesn't take up a lot of volume and b) gives a modicum of arch support.

Thanks!
G

P.S. Possibly an insole with a bit of met head support as well ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Shoe Insole Talk [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use exactly what I use in a running shoe. Take out the factory insole and insert a powerstep. My priorities are not weight/volume/power but lots of arch support. Our conditions seem to be a little different, but I thought I'd chime in. It has made a huge difference in my foot health.

Andrew Moss

eta: got curious. this was cool: http:// biketestreviews. com/the-best-cycling-specific-insole-part-i/

i broke up the web address, btw. i cant remember slowtwitch policy on outside links.

Last edited by: apmoss: Mar 10, 17 7:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superfeet blue, can cut to size. I'm completely flat-footed and this made all the difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had pretty good experience with Sof Sole Fit Performance, can get high, neutral or low arch versions. Still think I might need to try a forefoot wedge as well, have pronation in one foot only.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheapskate's way to achieve the same thing

I have used these in running, cycling and everyday shoes for years (thanks Josh). The company is a wholesaler, but will sell direct if you call them. Price is no longer listed, but I think it was < $1/pad. They also have the rubber cement to glue them to the bottom of your stock insole. You might also find a local shoe store that has them if they do custom fittings, but those tend to be the hard rubber version which weigh more.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've pretty good luck running Specialized insoles on both my Shimano and Lake shoes. A few different ones to choose from. Maybe not as good as custom but worked/fit better than Superfeet for me...for that matter I am also using them in my Nordic skate boots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eragon. They are German. Awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Shoe Insole Talk [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, typed to quick. Ergon Solestar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superfeet Yellow. Used to be grey. I've used them for at least 17 years. They are designed for cycling shoes and skates. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the Superfeet Yellow. I tried my custom ski insoles.

I settled on the Scott Ergologic and LOVE them. They come with 3 levels of adjustable arch and met support and are cheap at $30.

https://www.amazon.com/...ersole/dp/B01DB9T09S
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Shoe Insole Talk [apmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link. Lots of nuggets in that write-up!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Shoe Insole Talk [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks for the link. Lots of nuggets in that write-up!

Scott
Write-up? Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Shoe Insole Talk [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Missed that! Thanks, G
Quote Reply