Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Focus and Work Travel
Quote | Reply
I am focusing on cycling and road racing this year. My question is for those that travel multiple days for work and aren't able to bring their bikes with them... what do you for workouts while traveling? A little running? Spin bikes at the hotel?

I am sure there are differing opinions but curious to hear what works for others.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Focus and Work Travel [Maddog23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been a problem for me too in the past. What I have tried to do is to really hit it hard the week before I travel and likewise right after returning getting right back after it hard. No science to back it up, but I can convince myself I deserve a bit of rest if I crushed the week leading up to it and can avoid feeling like I am slacking knowing I will get back after it when I return. When I travel for work I always have my running shoes with me, its the one thing that is (almost) guaranteed in a hotel gym or outdoor space. This is for 3-5 day trips normally, not sure what I'd do if it was multi-week excursions. Just do something, good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Focus and Work Travel [Maddog23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing I've learned is that the Powercal hr strap is your friend. Bring a pair of shoes with SPD cleats if you find a spin bike. Otherwise a stairmaster is a good alternative.
Quote Reply