Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycleops rollers
Quote | Reply
I currently own a dimond beam bike and can't use on a trainer. I'm considering buying rollers and not sure which to get. With resistance or regular, can someone enlighten me? I am planning on equipping with a fork stand for support.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops rollers [buck_shot11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why can't you ride it on a trainer?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops rollers [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because fixing the rear axle to a trainer puts to much stain on the bottom bracket. I ride a beam bike and would void the warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ewwww... so that's a big downside. I'm a huge rollers fan and pretty good at them (no hands, one legged, all that jazz) and I won't ride a nice tri bike on rollers. Too twitchy and too much wreck risk for my expensive tri bike. Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops rollers [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I'm going to use the front fork stand. My question is more along the lines of workout type. I'm assuming you just get on and rid, similar to a trainer? Do I need to purchase the one with resistance or do you simply shift like on a trainer for resistance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, that's pretty simple. If you deflate your tires some, it adds a good amount of resistance. That being said, you could still want some more. If I was buying one, I'd probably get resistance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the Emotion rollers. Much easier to ride supposedly. Apparently Dave Mirra uses it for all his training on his tri bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get an old road bike off Ebay and some clip ons. Then all you need to do is set it up with the same contact points as with your Dimond....if you can't get the same contact points, just set it up with the same hip angle and leg extension (your saddle will be further back and your stem will be higher)....and then just ride. Save your Dimond for the road. This way you have a full indoor set up with a permanent trainer tire. You should be able to pick up a 15-20 year old bike with 8 speed for $300.
Quote Reply