Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
culpritbicycles wrote:
Should work on felt iaxx

I dont have access to one to check. Felt hasn't seen 3d to verify. But longer stem has 2 cable stopd so should be able to run inner cable to front brake.

I was hopeful this might be a future option for a Felt IAxx stem replacement but alas, you recommend 33mm of steerer to clamp to and if I'm not mistaken the Felt IAxx steerers have been cut to 29mm for their stock stem.

So, either I have that dimension wrong or you've already ruled out most people's Felt IAxx as a candidate for this stem. A shame as it does look like it would have been a very interesting option.

If someone in the Philadelphia area wants to stop by with an IAx to try if it works, feel free to PM me. Can the effective IAx steerer be increased with an ultra low duster cap, or by removal of the duster cap? I'm not too familiar with that stem/steerer junction
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry my post got cut off.

Do you think it can run mechanical shifter cables through the stem for a bike that still has downtube cable entry?
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ill check with a frame locally but don't see why not. If your in no stack on aeerobar you can run shifter s through. But if your putting stack shift cables might not run smoothly. But thats true for any mechanical shifting bike and any stem on market.

I would zip tie the 3 cables together and zip tie that to one around a spacer and that will help keep cables in place behind stem. The culprit tri bike in video has downtube brake cable run that way. But ot was built up sram etap shifters with the blip box under the stem cover. So i haven't tested shifting cables yet into downtube.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp vuka Aero has a 5 cm width at stem attachment point. And a touch over 2 cm from the end of the stem to the inside of center cap on basebar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the chances of this stem being made if the funding isn't reached? Cause there's a long way to go in 9 days...

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are still looking at other options. However, we will inform and offer best pricing to those who supported our campaign. So I would advise backing regardless. If we do not fund our goal, nothing lost. Then you will be on our list of people to contact when we can offer the stem.

We are trying to do full cnc versions, different covers with or without di2 inside, etc in full cnc to bring down tooling costs but that will raise unit pricing.. currently checking if we can get di2 in the smaller size in stem body cavity.

Also, waiting on full cnc quotes and a supplier who has shown interest to do lower quantities. Then, need to make stems/samples and EN test again, etc....

So, we are doing what we can, but still, NEED orders to justify the cost and show demand for the product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates on the stem and bars?

If your design is solid (ie it works as well as it looks) and your prices are near what you project, then I think you will have plenty of sales.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I'd buy.

rruff wrote:
Any updates on the stem and bars?

If your design is solid (ie it works as well as it looks) and your prices are near what you project, then I think you will have plenty of sales.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry

Some hiccups in samples.

Still working on it. Sorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been meaning to post a review of the saddle bag... also been meaning to build up the bike đŸ™„ Alas, I had to go out of town this weekend for work again. Anyways I can say that your saddle bag is basically a complete portable tool kit. There's very little that you can't fix on the bike with that tool kit and it's configuration is a perfect blend of size, organization, and usability. That's the key thing: you can actually use that kit on the side of the road without dumping bits out onto the road and then having to chase tools in the grass etc. It's a proper tool kit.

Also, the mini beam wrench is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I love that thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next