Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Crossfit
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else bombarded with constant FB brags about Crossfit WOD's? I have met a lot of cross fit people over the last couple years. They are everywhere now! I have had to unfollow several in recent days, due to non-stop and not so subtle bragging and bravado. I wish I could hand them all a Hero Cookie. Does anyone else run into this? I do think the sport is a great way to get injured. On another note, why do all the crossfit men think that copious amounts of facial hair are so cool? It has made me appreciate the triathlon community a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, how can my friends see my garmin connect workout updates on their facebook feeds with all crossfit updates going on there.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
I agree, how can my friends see my garmin connect workout updates on their facebook feeds with all crossfit updates going on there.
.......:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first rule of Cross-Fit (Fight Club) is: "You Must Talk about Crossfit".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
On another note, why do all the crossfit men think that copious amounts of facial hair are so cool?

Say what you want about Crossfit, but leave the facial hair out of this.

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not going to lie, I watched some of the CrossFit Games on ESPN this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well you know what the worst part about crossfit is...???

Crossfitters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
say what you want ( I dont't CF but a friend own a "box") but their Championship that is going on right now pays their Elite stars $$$$$$$$$ unlike WTC so they have something right

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And did you laugh hysterically at the meatheads trying to run 800m? Crossfit= meathead triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
On another note, why do all the crossfit men think that copious amounts of facial hair are so cool?

And now you are bashing their taste in women? Geesh, this never ends
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
life and Facebook would be pretty boring if all we hear and see are the hear are the stuff that we are only interested in.

Quote | Reply
thirstygreek wrote:
say what you want ( I dont't CF but a friend own a "box") but their Championship that is going on right now pays their Elite stars $$$$$$$$$ unlike WTC so they have something right

For the record do any of the other events pay (significant) prize money?
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thirstygreek wrote:
... their Championship ... pays their Elite stars $$$$$$$$$ unlike WTC so they have something right

Reebok has deep pockets

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [adktriguy46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adktriguy46 wrote:
And did you laugh hysterically at the meatheads trying to run 800m? Crossfit= meathead triathlon

Went to look for footage of this and all I found was a random video from a regional meet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-DP8IGuOcA

It made me laugh though because of this:

Uploader's description:

"Doing the 800m run at the start of Workout A. I'm running in my Vibram Five Fingers. I definitely need to relax more (especially my arms/traps) and I think I'm reaching too far forward with each step."

Comment on video:

"yes relax those arms and lower them also having a bigger stride is a plus, not a negative, how can gaining more distance with less energy bad?"
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that life would be boring, if everyone had the same interests. I think my point is how certain groups can be really overbearing with ramming their content and beliefs down our throats. Crossfitters have turned into that group for me. I guess the equivalent would be posting daily run and swim workout videos accompanied by say the occasional 3 to 5 hour GoPro cycling video. Don't forget, daily Garmin data downloads and then national triathlon news stories and daily links to Ironman.com. In addition, a daily brag post or two would make it complete. Get the idea? It gets old quick no matter what your interests are. For whatever reason, the crossfitters are the absolute worst about this kind of thing on my FB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of in the same boat. No, I don't care to see your video of your 400 pound back squat PR. And the video of the 410 pound back squat PR two weeks later, ad nauseam.

And about the facial hair, google Rick Froning. All dude Crossfitter aspire to be and look like him.... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
watched some of it too because there was nothing else on.

The swim was funny. Those pull up things were crazy. The pushing of a 500lb thing over and over looks like a great way to get hurt. Carrying a log whoever far looks just plain stupid as far as sport goes. It's weird and didn't make me want to join a box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [slow123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow123 wrote:

Thank you. That so cracked me up. :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I only watched the womens where there is copious amounts of kinesio tape.

Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a CF fan myself , but in terms of conformity of appearance we are no better. I've just spent a weekend surrounded by a LOT of shaved head guys wearing compression socks and oakleys. As someone who fits that description too I find it very comforting.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBri00 wrote:
Not a CF fan myself , but in terms of conformity of appearance we are no better. I've just spent a weekend surrounded by a LOT of shaved head guys wearing compression socks and oakleys. As someone who fits that description too I find it very comforting.

Agreed. I do my 100% best NOT to ever look like a triathlete.

So weird that we can have our own thing we like but anything else is shitty and not effective. Who cares? Do you guys trash the old ladies doing Zumba and Bodypump too? Ever talked to a triathlete all they want to talk about is their "training" and their bricks and OW swims blah blah. Everyone is into different shit, get over it.

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Sort of in the same boat. No, I don't care to see your video of your 400 pound back squat PR. And the video of the 410 pound back squat PR two weeks later, ad nauseam.

And about the facial hair, google Rick Froning. All dude Crossfitter aspire to be and look like him.... :)

It's not this guy, is it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally..... thank god triathletes don't brag or do weird stuff ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next