Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Critique my fit please!
Quote | Reply

let me know your thoughts and what I may be able to improve. Also let me know if more information is needed. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [abetances15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good to me. I might anticipate someone saying seat is a bit too high, but if you are used to this position than I say go with it. How much time do you have with this current position?

Best looking trek s.c. in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just changed the stem on it to the low far from the low near to get a little more reach. I kept the seat height the same though and I have ridden at that height for two years now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your dog needs to get out. He looks bored.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just his face. His name is Bob so the name is fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice to meet you Bob. You seem like a cool dog.

Re. fit, your pedal stroke looks less than fluid...wondering if opening hip angle may help...
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I felt that but I think it may have been the trainer being a little loose on the rear wheel. I'm already on 165mm cranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly ... looking at the video, I'm guessing your saddle is a little high. You look like your hips are rocking a little, which is causing your shoulders to rock a little.

You might try dropping your saddle a little and the bars by the same amount. Your angles look good for Tri, but I'd maybe suggest a little lower up front for TT's, so keep the saddle/pad drop the same, just lower them a bit and see how that feels.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [Wookiebiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can move the saddle down but the pads and bars are as low as they can go. How much saddle drop do you think I should try?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd try moving it a few mm at a time, until you have no rocking in your hips or upper body (you will still rock under intense efforts, but at FTP or lower, you shouldn't be rocking).

It's not huge at this point, but a little noticeable, at least to my eye.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I your right hamstring tight or do you have a lower back issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other then being sore from some hard training days no hamstring or lower back issues. I'm pretty flexible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything else? I can't believe that the only thing wrong is my seat might be a little high and I look like I have a lower back issue haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that the most reach you can achieve with your current bike setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. At this point I would have to go to third party extensions and get the part from trek that allows it. In terms of spacers and and stems this is as low and long as it can get. I can move the pads forward though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saddle up and forward

elbow pad down and forward

you need to be rotated a little more around the BB while preserving your current angles....you have some easy gain at your reach.

I would also overall only change the arm/shoulder angle...stretch you out a little more will pay off

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit please! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 So, I can move the elbow pads forward but not lower. No way to do it on this bike as trek doesn't make any lower parts for the front end. How far forward should I move the seat? The pads have 2cm or 4cm they can move
Last edited by: abetances15: Aug 22, 17 13:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mark you current position so you can go back to it if needed.

Pads forward 2cm
Saddle up .5cm and Fwd 1cm.

overall, we would have increase your reach 1cm. streaching you out will make you ''lower'' without having to drop the bar

i think your current position is a solid start...but your not done yet.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here is the fit after those adjustments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your gonna have to go on the road and play to fine tune the fit. my impression is once you will be in the road and pushing race watts..you will split even more forward on your saddle. it might give you a feeling of been cramp up. increasing reach is the solution.

also learning and getting good at turtling your head down will save you lots of watts.

does your arms get tired in this position? any tension? with your long arms...you could have easily use a bike with low stack.

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you. The cramped up feeling was what initially led me to change from low near to the low far stem. I still have 2cm of movement in the pads but thats it. If I move my seat back the 1cm and leave the pads the same would that help? It would be 2cm more reach from the first video.

Does changing to other extensions change anything? Or is the limiting factor here the pad reach?

Edited to answer the question: no tension from the reach my chest feels more open from before if that makes sense. I have a long ride tomorrow so I'll test it out. Just looking for a good starting point
Last edited by: abetances15: Aug 22, 17 19:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moving the seat back will increase reach and it something that can be experiement with. The extension wont really change the cramp up feeling. It will only change the way you hold the bar.

i think your next step is on the road with a set of allen keys. try a few harder effort as your body will sit differently then on the trainer and i m pretty sure you will try to increase your reach.

and for this kind of fine tunning, find a quiet road with good pavement and dont go on a windy day. you need good condition so you can focus on feeling good and noticing the little changes you make.

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not an expert, but recently increased my pad reach and it did wonders. Looks like you are close to how I was before. I added nearly 3.5 cm of pad reach (I was able to change stems) and I feel lower, narrower, and WAY more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any hills on the course yo are training for?
massive forward sitting in my opinion.
if on trainer all day ok but try to real world riding that forward.

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i know you're on the trainer so it doesn't really matter, but how much you move your head around is impressive. if you don't practice what you plan to do (static head position) it won't translate particularly well to the road. practice shrugging your shoulders and tucking your head. i think you're riding a little too steep after making jonnyo's suggested changes. you are clearly not riding at ''race power'' and under those stresses you will likely pull yourself more forward than you even are currently.

i'd move the saddle back and down, but keep your pads where they are. work on relaxing your back and upper body, especially your shoulders. stop looking all over the place and especially down at your legs, there's no reason to do that really.
Quote Reply

Prev Next