Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Critique me [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not related to stem, entirely how you choose to hold your head. a better executed shrug saved me 20-30w depending an yaw. i did not lower my stem to achieve that. when i look at my photo, my chin is well below my chest, getting head out of wind and stopping air from entering into torso region.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New stem is here.

Swapped it out with no change in spacers - so it's roughly a 3cm drop - no saddle height change from the previous pic, but I did move it forward.

Movie:

http://www.sentania.net/misc/new-stem.avi
Last edited by: sentania: Jul 16, 15 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Saddle needs to go down maybe 2-3mm.
- Extensions need to be tilted up so that top of forearms are horizontal (this will bring the elbows down a bit).

On the next iteration get a pic from the front. On the side shot, look forward to a point that's maybe 3 yards in front of you. Don't mind if the helmet is touching the back. You need to have the helmet fit the position, and not the other way around.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a guy who can finish that ink on your arm. We should get together and talk.

Regarding your position - impressive. Your IMWI position was solid. This is even better (subject to what Paulo said).

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not opposed to it - I'm just busy spending money on my bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Will post another iteration tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2-3cm saddle drop? I dunno about that....that's pretty big.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't get your video to play on my MacBook. What am I doing wrong?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno - format maybe?

I'll shot you a different link.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, you back is much more rounded in the video compared to the still shot. You are pretty flat in photo....

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it is - not sure why - maybe a function of where I am looking?

Perhaps because the video is me riding, and the still is staged?

dunno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, next video you shoot, do it at Zn3/Zn4 watts and at the end of a training ride.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:

Perhaps because the video is me riding, and the still is staged?

In all likelihood, that is the answer. Riding is a dynamic process and causes changes in position that aren't there in static sets.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was worried you'd suggest that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paulo,

What are you thoughts on his pedaling technique? Should he be doing more heal down and less toe down? Sentania, looking good although I must say I tried to drop 2 CM before Kona on my bars. Big mistake, I could only hold it until 80 - rode the hoods from 80 to 112.

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm no expert on positioning, but from an aero perspective it looks like your knuckles are lower than your elbows, which will create an unnecessary turbulent wake under your forearms. You may be better off with a bar that does not twist your wrists so far down. Or just raise your hands a bit so your elbows fill in the turbulent wake (assuming your elbows are narrow enough to do this).

Keep in mind the local airflow in the aerobar area will probably be tilted slightly downward and outward by the air flowing around your body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As requested - no stills this time.

Lowered saddle by 2.5mm, raised aerobars slightly. Based on the video, I don't think I quite hit horizontal - aimed my focal point is just shy of 9 ft in front.

Side profile - roughly FTP effort.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwLZItGV98

Front profile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deeAFvHrmWw

Edit: The side profile was shot right after I finished the mainset of my ride.
Last edited by: sentania: Feb 10, 11 16:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I excel at Mediocrity...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you read the post I wrote? Looks like it disappeared and I don't feel like writing it again...

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was an excellent post - and unusual for you ;-0

Scott - useful advice from Paulo since he appreciates your attention to detail. Not even sure he knows that you are already a top AG triathlete! Your attention to detail and work ethic shows for sure.

Quote | Reply
Argh, the esteemed CTO of this fine establishment informs me my post is gone.

It said something like this:

- Looks good.

- Helmet needs to be rotated "clockwise"

- Extensions need to be tilted up a bit.

- Too much movement in the upper body.

- I like to see knees closer to the top tube, and elbows closer together. Narrow is generally faster.

I also wrote a little rant saying that it's fun to help out people that go out of their way to produce good quality pics/video, and are willing to accept advice. So all you people that post pics from your cell phone, wearing baggy clothes and saying you know that your seat is high but "you like it that way"... good luck with some of the advice you can get here ;)

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do not need to lower your saddle....If you like riding that far forward on your saddle...move it back slightly on the rails and you will be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did catch the original post, thanks for reposting though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously, your trainer sessions are boring. The dog looks very bored.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique me [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually that's his "nervous"

My wife was watching the videos and laughing so hard she was crying.
Quote Reply

Prev Next