Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Crime at the pool
Quote | Reply
So I get out of the pool today after swimming 3500 yds, get washed up to get the chlorine off of me, walk over to the towel rack and SOMBODY TOOK MY TOWEL!!!

I couldn't believe it. So I walk around the locker room looking for someone using my towel, can't find it and wind up drying myself off with my shirt. What a bummer!!! Good thing I wore a coat today so I wouldn't have to walk out without a shirt on.

All I could think of on the way home was when this guys wife finds this strange towel and asks where it came from, what does he say? Too bad I didn't have Fifi or Kiki written on the towel.

AAAHHHHHHH!!!!

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. I found mine wet and wadded up on the floor of the kid's locker room. It seems that at our YMCA, anything not nailed down will "walk away."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same thing happened some years ago...but the towel was special...a red and white speedo towel of the canadian olympic swim team...was a gift from a girlfriend and someone stole it! argghhh
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
same thing happened some years ago...but the towel was special...a red and white speedo towel of the canadian olympic swim team...was a gift from a girlfriend and someone stole it! argghhh
Don't kid yourself Francois....May-Lise got rid of that souvenir!

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [martyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahhhhh!!! :-)

I didn't know May-Lise then...I knew someone at the time, but never someone who would have showers in the mens. :-))

that was a cool towel, I could pretend I was a swimmer...well, until I got in the pool...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened at my pool a while back. When I got home and emptied my gym bag I thought, "This is not my towel. Where the heck did this come from? Oops."

I managed to trade back to the correct towels at the next session.
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope it was washed!

EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once had my shoes stolen from a pool in Ft. Lauderdale. Weird thing is they were year and a half old Tevas which had definitely not been gently used during that time.

Yep. Leave everything else, but take the stinky sandals. That makes a lot of sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twice in the past three years I left my swim suit and goggles on the hook while i went in the sauna. Both taken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just say Du-athlon, then no one can take your towels (or speedos).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could not get this to post on teh classified message board so thought I would try here....

For sale real cheap, bit worn and needs washed but...

Towles

Swim suits

sneakers

sweat shirts

various other locker room garments

email me with your credit card number and I will get back to you ASAP

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no speedos in duathlon?

so what the hell was kenny souza doing in pink speedos in Zofingen some years back??? (in freezing weather!) :-))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me one Sunday afternoon a couple of months ago at my local YMCA. It wasn't very crowded that day, so although it was a plain white towel, I saw someone in the row of lockers next to mine drying himself off and was pretty sure he was the culprit.

I wasn't going to make a capital case of it - I'm sure it was an honest mistake - but when I asked him about it he got all defensive with me.

So I told him, "Look, I really don't care - it's no big deal for me, but if someone is using my towel I want to him know that if he gets a bad rash on his crotch, just to call his doctor right away. I have a chronic, highly communicable fungal condition."

"Well, I'm sure this is mine," he said, but I could see his face turning a little red. I just went back to my locker without saying anything else.

(For the record, I haven't had crotch rot since high school football.)

Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Duathlon was for Marines! I signed up for my 1st Du based on time in service alone! So let me get this straight. I just scrapped my best event, and doubled my worst, and there aren't even Speedos? Egads!!!

Oh yea, as for that person that stole my towel at the "Y". Perhaps I forgot to mention that little fungus thing that I brought back from the 1st Gulf War. You'll be sorry. Perhaps you already are! Enjoy! He he he he!!!

Forgot to get my prescription filled again. Oops!

Joel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"so what the hell was kenny souza doing in pink speedos in Zofingen some years back??? (in freezing weather!) "

Embarassing the hell out of himself.
b

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know what really pisses you off, the same thing, but with a HRM. I am livid, put it down for 2 seconds. GRRRR! luckily my local tri shop (LTS) is having a sale of sorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last night at the pool a middle-aged fat guy with a hairy back got in the lane next to me. Okay, the barbed-wire tattoo around the arm was a little overdone, but when he turned around, I saw he had a pierced nipple. Now THAT'S a CRIME.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only had somthing stolen one time at a tri. Funny thing the name of the tri was Tri-Jesus
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even worse? The guy in the thong who swims (well paddles around in my club's pool mid morning in a thong and then hits the coed pool jacuzzi! Yuck. I changesd workout times just to avoid him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worse than a towel for me...they broke open my Master Lock combo lock, took my wallet from the locker (figured it was safer locked in a steel box than in my car), and charged $4500 of computers to my cards within 15 minutes. Worst part is that I still get mailings from the computer store thanking me for my business. At least VISA didn't make me pay a cent.

Daren Marceau
USAT & USAC Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [triathlt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, that'd be a reason to quit swimming!
glad you had a visa...

in winter some years back, I had my jacket stolen...was walking back home... -10c, wearing a T-shirt...next day I was sick...bastards! steal my money ok, but do something that makes me sick and prevents me from training is not acceptable!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to my local pool a while back for my regular swim (which is preceded by a kids swimming class) and just as I was about to jump in I looked into the pool and said to the lifeguard "What's that brown stuff in the pool?"

Result: Pool closed

Now that is a crime at the pool.

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [triathlt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my locker cleaned out in the middle of winter. I came back from the pool and was like, "this is not good Maverick."

So I am wandering around the gym in a Speedo (with painted toenails) trying to find someone to help me. They were like, sucks to be you. Worst part is they took my cellphone and Blackberry (my version of a phone book). I don't know anyones phone number save for my brothers, but of course he was not home. Thankfully a friend left a message for me at work with his cell number. Saved my bacon.

To add insult to injury, I was sitting in the police station waiting to file a report and one of the cops asked me if I was a friend of one of the perps. Great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About a year ago I was swimming solo in my lane and trying out two different goggles, leaving the spare in the deck next to my water bottle directly in front of my lane. When I get done goggles are gone. Luckly one of the lifegaurds told me about this guy coming over and taking them. When I approach him he tells me he found them as he pulled them out of a bag full of goggles.

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Quote Reply
Re: Crime at the pool [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...I am wandering around the gym in a Speedo (with painted toenails)..."

As a 49-y/o, white male, conservative, former Marine, I am trying to understand why. I get the Speedo, but painted toenails?
Quote Reply

Prev Next