Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crank fitment
Quote | Reply
 Hey everybody I’m having a hard time getting info on the subject I have a Cervelo P3 with a rotor 3-D crank BSA 68 bottom bracket. I also have a trek with a BB 86 bottom bracket. I want to update the rotor crank to have a power meter but I also want to be able to swap it between bikes for training. Would it be a direct swap out between bikes or do I need to change the bottom bracket on one or the other?
Quote Reply
Re: Crank fitment [Burlyrider142] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Direct swap. Rotor 3D uses the same bottom bracket as Shimano.

Your BSA 68 threads in cups and bearings into the frame. BB86 presses in cups and bearings into the frame.

Just to double check, most Trek frames are BB90, which ditches the cups and presses bearings directly into the frame.

Either way, the Rotor 3D crank will work just fine in BB86 or BB90

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Crank fitment [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It is a trek emonda alr6 So it is an odd ball with a Bb86.5 are there any other measurements I need to take into consideration bottom bracket width should be the same correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be the same. And to confirm, if the Trek came with a Shimano crankset, the Rotor will fit the exact same.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Crank fitment [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your help I have been searching everywhere to try and figure this out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I just discovered my crankset is actually a 3-D 30. So I’m thinking I will have to adapt my BB 86 bottom bracket to BB 30 correct? Sorry to keep asking questions but I’m a complete newbie to bottom bracket sizing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burlyrider142 wrote:
I just discovered my crankset is actually a 3-D 30. So I’m thinking I will have to adapt my BB 86 bottom bracket to BB 30 correct? Sorry to keep asking questions but I’m a complete newbie to bottom bracket sizing

There aren't many options for running 30mm spindles in either of those standards, but you can with the right adapter. You'll need adapters for both if you do have a 30mm spindle.

Outboard bearings for BSA: http://wheelsmfg.com/...ontact-bb-black.html

And a special press-in cup for the BB86. Rotor makes a PF4130, RaceFace makes the CINCH that should work, Ceramic Speed also makes a compatible PF4130.
Quote Reply