Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crank Arm can't clear eTap FD
Quote | Reply
 Hi all,

I'm building up my first bike and I cannot seem to figure out how to get my Quarq crank arm to clear my front derailleur. It's a braze on style. I have already maxed out the limit screws. I saw on the eTap installation guides on YouTube that before tightening the braze on screw they were able to move it left and right to align with the lines on the derailleur and then tighten it in place. When I do this it doesn't not fit on the braze on correctly. I can move it over, but as I tighten the bolt, it'll just move back out to the same place.

I have also moved back the space on the side of the derailleur as far as possible, which helped a little, but it still does not completely clear the cage.

Any tips?
Quote Reply
Re: Crank Arm can't clear eTap FD [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a couple pictures. Something does not seem right with the FD or crankset. I just installed eTap, and there was loads of space between the crank arm and FD cage. And, I was easily able to align mine with the lines on the front and rear of the cage.

A top view looking down on the FD and a shot from the front looking back at the nose of the FD would help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to take off my FD hanger and bend it in a vice to get it to line up so my rotor crank arm wouldn't hit it.

Do you have the shim installed that minimizes FD movement?

http://www.clperformancetraining.com
http://www.pillasport.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's possible that you may need a couple of spacers between the driveside spider and the bottom bracket. On my NP3 with an ultegra 6800 crank and a wheels mfg shimano pf30 adapter, the space is tight but I can clear the etap FD if I add 2 spacers.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply