Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crack Pipe Needed
Quote | Reply
   We are in Cozumel for the 70.3 HIM this coming Sunday and need a Crack Pipe for inflating some disk wheels. I've checked with Cabrillas and they don't have any. We may have a solution, won't know for a bit yet but if we don't I'm wondering whether anyone is around and has one here.

Note this is to inflate tubbies on a racing wheelchair with disk wheels.

Thanks - Don.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Crack Pipe Needed [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:
We are in Cozumel for the 70.3 HIM this coming Sunday and need a Crack Pipe for inflating some disk wheels. I've checked with Cabrillas and they don't have any. We may have a solution, won't know for a bit yet but if we don't I'm wondering whether anyone is around and has one here.

Thanks - Don.

I had a similar issue this past weekend and someone had the brilliant idea to air up my wheel using my co2 inflator head - it worked like a charm, although I used up one of my spare cartridges. In a pinch this will work. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Crack Pipe Needed [trigeekrusk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trigeekrusk wrote:
BCDon wrote:

Thanks - Don.

I had a similar issue this past weekend and someone had the brilliant idea to air up my wheel using my co2 inflator head - it worked like a charm, although I used up one of my spare cartridges. In a pinch this will work. Good luck.

Yes, as we were talking through what we'd do we came up with that as well. Went out today and bought 1/2 a dozen CO2s. 2 for inflating the wheel chair wheels, 2 for the race and a couple of spares assuming we'd kill at least one attempting the process.

Thanks for your reply.

BC Don
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If someone has a Lezyne pump (or you can find one at a shop). They come with a 90deg. spare head that works well as a crackpipe.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Crack Pipe Needed [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have that exact thing at home. If the individual who couldn't find theirs while packing to come out here had mentioned it to me, we wouldn't be having this issue. :(.

BC Don
Quote Reply
Post deleted by cstoulil [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:

Yes, as we were talking through what we'd do we came up with that as well. Went out today and bought 1/2 a dozen CO2s. 2 for inflating the wheel chair wheels, 2 for the race and a couple of spares assuming we'd kill at least one attempting the process.

Thanks for your reply.

You will lose pressure quicker with the CO2 if you are using latex tubes. I know many people that race with latex but use butyl tubes for their spares for that reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Often, a bare hose, without a chuck can be held onto a presta valve to inflate a tube. If the inside diameter of the hose is small enough, remove the chuck, work the hose over the presta valve. Hold while someone pumps.
Quote Reply