Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Course Cutter or Bandit?
Quote | Reply
The nerve of this guy to cut a half marathon course and run full marathon.

http://www.cp24.com/...ssing-turn-1.2672680

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Course Cutter or Bandit? [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5:23?

That's a fairly lengthy mistake.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why races with multiple distances need different colored race numbers for the different events. Obviously there also need to be people on course who make sure there are no wrong numbers in the wrong places near where the race splits but this is pretty easy. The bigger PIA is when competitors end up partially or totally covering their numbers with jackets. The 98% of athlete who have done so accidentally get very confused as to what they are being yelled at about or are supposed to do. The 2% who are either banditing the race of participating in other shady business feign confusion, ignorance, or aggression.

Based on the runners time and the fact he does race XC I would guess it was an honest mistake however. I would need to check the splits but the overall time is so slow I would guess he was not planning on doing the full event and really died at the end the race. It may have been that by the time he realized his mistake the safest and quickest way back to the finish was along the course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened to my cousin several years ago at the OUC Orlando Half Marathon, he must have been 12or 13 at the time. In addition to the half marathon there was a 5K option for participants. Somehow he ended up on the half marathon course and ran it out. He never made that mistake again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would Course Adder be the correct term?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<LetsRun> The police wanted a photo with him?! I can't believe they didn't arrest him. I accidentally ran a 3 hour Z2 marathon training run last week but you don't see the me going to the newspapers. </LetsRun>
Quote Reply