Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corsa speed questions (probably silly)
Quote | Reply
Thinking of making the jump to the Vittoria Corsa Speed and I have some questions. Any help is appreciated.

1. I don't have a tubeless set-up, which version of the tire should I buy?

2. Is the installation of the tire pretty much the same as a GP4000s or are there some tricks to it?

3. The data on the tire seems amazing but I'm wondering if the data collected was based on a tubeless set-up or a tube in set-up. Does anyone know if a latex set-up would have similar data?
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed questions (probably silly) [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot answer your questions but got another question which might fit in this thread:
How is the puncture protection of the Corsa speed compared with the conti tt ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
Thinking of making the jump to the Vittoria Corsa Speed and I have some questions. Any help is appreciated.

2. Is the installation of the tire pretty much the same as a GP4000s or are there some tricks to it?

3. The data on the tire seems amazing but I'm wondering if the data collected was based on a tubeless set-up or a tube in set-up. Does anyone know if a latex set-up would have similar data?

1. The "magic" tire is the tubeless version.
2. The installation for pretty much all tires will be the same: work the first bead into the center channel, work the second bead onto the rim, then inflate. What you should know is that, depending on your rim, tubeless road tires can be a huge pain in the ass to put on and take off.
3. There will be no material difference between tubeless and a latex tube (see Tom A's data). To run this tire with a butyl tube would be pointless.
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed questions (probably silly) [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
I cannot answer your questions but got another question which might fit in this thread:
How is the puncture protection of the Corsa speed compared with the conti tt ?

The only "data" we have at this point is from bicyclerollingresistance.com (which puts the two tires essentially on par with each other). There isn't a ton of real world experience with the tire yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:

1. The only version of the tire that is exceptionally fast is the TLR model;

2. Yes. The difference is that depending on your rim it could be a very tight mount. Typically they mount tighter on a tubeless ready rim such as the HED JET+ or Edco;

3. They roll about the same with a latex tube as they do tubeless. There are anecdotal claims that the latex tube setup rolls better. TomA has tested both with the results very close to each other. See his Crr table at blatherboutbikes.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:

As others have said, the version you want is this Vittoria Corsa Speed Clincher. You will noticed it has grey sidewalls and it only comes in 1 size. If you get something else from a seller send it back.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SummitAK [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by jens [ In reply to ]
Re: Corsa speed questions (probably silly) [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on mobile and had just caught this and deleted y post, but you quoted me first!
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed questions (probably silly) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to give them a try with some orange sealant as a little insurance. When using the orange sealant with latex tubes how often do you need to "top up" or replace the tubes? Once a season, more, less? Thanks again, really appreciate the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to give them a try with some orange sealant as a little insurance. When using the orange sealant with latex tubes how often do you need to "top up" or replace the tubes? Once a season, more, less? Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

Kind of depends on the tube and the environment you are in. I really only added sealant before key races or races I felt like I needed extra protection. Although the sealant helps slow the air loss that happens, I found it can affect other things like getting clogged in valve extender holes etc.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply