Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livio Livius wrote:
Yes, via Perfpro or Trainerroad / Zwift.

I think the Wahoo App allows him to use do it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it did but for the life of my i can't figure it out!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

Go into Wahoo Fitness app. Select sensors. Select your Kickr. Scroll down and you'll see "control w/ ANT+ Power Meter". Switch it on and you should be ready to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livio Livius wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

Go into Wahoo Fitness app. Select sensors. Select your Kickr. Scroll down and you'll see "control w/ ANT+ Power Meter". Switch it on and you should be ready to go.

so i had done that, but i still seem to get different readings from kickr vs my power meter and when i go to "saved sensors" its it does not show as my quarq id number showing up. If my quarq is controlling the kickr is there a way to verify that it is working?

thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1.Open Wahoo fitness app
2. Sensors
3. KICKR
4. You should see this...

5. You need to check the thing that allows POWER METER control and add the sensor info manually.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Dec 27, 15 12:07
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check and check, did that. Added in my power meters ID.

But when i go to "saved sensors" page only sensor that shows up is the kickr. Should my power meter also show up?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think so...

I use Perf Pro... so I'm not 100% sure.

Just try it... see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
I don't think so...

So how do you know if its really controlling it or not?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
I don't think so...

Do you have another head unit to confirm??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
I don't think so...

garmin 520

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
I don't think so...

garmin 520

Pair your head unit with the Quarq like you usually do...

Run the app like you usually do.

The Garmin numbers and Wahoo App numbers should match. If you want... unclick the CONTROL in the App first... then compare before and after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:
I don't think so...

garmin 520

Pair your head unit with the Quarq like you usually do...

Run the app like you usually do.

The Garmin numbers and Wahoo App numbers should match. If you want... unclick the CONTROL in the App first... then compare before and after.

Yep done that, should the number to the exact same? They are not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How close are they??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5-15 watts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the same as before you added in control??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
added it first day i had kickr 2 weeks ago, guess i could take it off and see if there was a difference.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
added it first day i had kickr 2 weeks ago, guess i could take it off and see if there was a difference.

I would...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... What's the update??

Is it working or not??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been eating cookies all afternoon, so not checked. Will do soon its a annoying situation me and the kickr are having

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had chicken wings and vodka... so I see the issue.

Hopefully it works out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting this post. Mapped the Wahoo app to use the ant Id and the Powermeter P1 pedals controlled the over. However I see watts going through two different devices in TR. I doubt I need them both active so do I disconnect the Wahoo device or the Ant+ device controlled trainer? I am guessing the first but I am not sure.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Johnnybike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using the Power Match feature in TR to use the P1's to control the trainer??
Last edited by: Donzo98: Apr 18, 17 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did try that and then I saw some divergence between the kickr PM/strain gauge and my PM.
Also,I want the same thing to happen if am using Zwift or anything else. Powermatch is TR only.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Last edited by: Johnnybike: Apr 19, 17 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: Controlling the Kickr via external power meter now possible [Johnnybike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll need to connect your Trainer via ANT+ or BT to TrainerRoad. In your case you wouldn't need to pair the P1 pedals...but I still would. I'd like to record the same power source data for indoors and outdoors (instead of P1 outside and Kickr inside).

The Kickr also artificially smooths the wattage data so it's a bit too perfect. Another reason to use the P1s as the power source.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
1.Open Wahoo fitness app
2. Sensors
3. KICKR
4. You should see this...

5. You need to check the thing that allows POWER METER control and add the sensor info manually.

I've been using this for months to get my power2max​ & kickr aligned on zwift.

But recently it's taking a while for this to work, first 5 mins or so the kickr seems to ignore the power2max. You can feel when it re-aligns, like it's picked up the signal.

I'm gonna try turning it off & on again, but has anyone else seen this?
Quote Reply

Prev Next