Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Continental Grand prix 4000s ii or TT tyres for 70.3
Quote | Reply
I have been using normal inner tubes and GP 4k until now. It seems like the GP TT lowers the rolling
resistance with about 2-3 watt/wheel. The cost seems to be worse puncture resistance.

Now I'm thinking to use Latex inner tubes with GP TT. What do you think about that set up?
Worth the risk?
Anyone with experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand prix 4000s ii or TT tyres for 70.3 [johan123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please look through all the other threads on this

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand prix 4000s ii or TT tyres for 70.3 [johan123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short answer is hell yes. Long answer is the check the many many many threads that talk about this specific question.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand prix 4000s ii or TT tyres for 70.3 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Short answer is hell yes. Long answer is the check the many many many threads that talk about this specific question.

Adding a link will assist the OP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johan123 wrote:
I have been using normal inner tubes and GP 4k until now. It seems like the GP TT lowers the rolling
resistance with about 2-3 watt/wheel. The cost seems to be worse puncture resistance.

Now I'm thinking to use Latex inner tubes with GP TT. What do you think about that set up?
Worth the risk?
Anyone with experience?

I've recently made a similar switch. Calculated it's actually cheaper to beat on training tires and race on fast tires (at least over time). I threw some orange sealant in my tubes. Haven't punctured on them yet but in a training/check to make sure everything is fine ride I clearly picked up a decent amount of time. Low half ass taper effort so I can't tell you how much. But it was a couple tenths a mph. Over the course of a full or a half that could be minutes. I haven't flatted on my sealant yet, since they're new tires I don't expect to, but from what I've seen both Orange and Stans are great. Orange seems to be a bit better in test, and last longer, plus does't leave as much residue when it dries out. At least that's what I hear.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use GP TT and Vittoria latex tubes for racing

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johan123 wrote:

Worth the risk?
Anyone with experience?

The reality is that in the real world punctures are a binary thing, they either happen or they don't. Anyone that tries to put puncture resistance on scale doesn't do a good job of explaining real world puncture resistance. I guess my example is using a Supersonic (no puncture strip) in the Tucson Desert (lots of sharp things), for nearly a whole winter season training without puncturing. To me I wouldn't sweat a GP 4K to TT.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply