Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd
Quote | Reply
Is there any rolling resistance data out there on the Conti GP TT clincher? I've been running the GP4000s, or Supersonic depending on course conditions. I am racing IMTX this spring. With the likelihood of thorns on the roads, I felt like running the Conti TT tire as a front would be a safer idea than the Supersonic. For the rear, I normally run the 4000s.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [deafcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been testing very fast. Slightly slower than the Specialized Turbo Cotton.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish they would make these in a 25mm.

I'm debating going to the Turbo Cotton just because of the width.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [deafcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested in seeing some aero data as well as the Crr

the german tests have it effectively tied with the Turbo Cotton 24mm in Crr.

There's been some aero data on the SS 23mm and we have never ending aero data on the GP4000s, but not the TT as far as I know.

deafcon wrote:
Is there any rolling resistance data out there on the Conti GP TT clincher? I've been running the GP4000s, or Supersonic depending on course conditions. I am racing IMTX this spring. With the likelihood of thorns on the roads, I felt like running the Conti TT tire as a front would be a safer idea than the Supersonic. For the rear, I normally run the 4000s.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Swiss Side has released data on the GP TT - and IIRC it's not that good. It's also a pretty big tire, probably closer to 25mm than 23mm on most rims. I think I measured it at >26mm on my HED Jet C2 (23mm) rims once.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the only info I've seen is from those german tests that measured it at around 25mm slightly narrower than the Turbo Cotton 24mm which was closer to 26 IIRC.

narrowness does not tell the whole store with regard to aero.... as we're finding with a lot of those effectively 25mm wide tires that Tom A tested in the Specialized tunnel. 23mm SS tested faster than 22mm Attack, 20mm SS tested faster than 19mm Bontrager, etc.

What we need to know is does the 2 watts we're losing in aero get made up for in Crr? I'm guessing if it's comparing a 23mm GPTT to a 24mm Turbo Cotton, the answer is likely "yes" based on the "open tubular" design of the TC vs. the vulcanized or "oval" or "tall" profile of most Continental tires.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where can I get 23mm ss?
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Wiggle carries them:
http://www.wiggle.com/...c-folding-road-tire/

Don't know if that's the cheapest you're going to see
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set... are they endangered?

Quote Reply