Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125
Quote | Reply
First overall amateur and 3rd fastest overall time at Leadman 125 today. Looks like he had a pretty monster bike split as well. Not bad for a kid who can't race WTC until after August when he becomes an adult.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
First overall amateur and 3rd fastest overall time at Leadman 125 today. Looks like he had a pretty monster bike split as well. Not bad for a kid who can't race WTC until after August when he becomes an adult.

GREAT!!! Strong work...
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Excellent work indeed! Nice job Jack!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, good to see him uncork a great race!

VALÄ’RE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [sesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats young man... you've got a bright and fast future ahead of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"well he was just 17, and you know what I mean, and the way he rides, was way beyond compare...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhllDK6C6eQ

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [sesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better to see him CRUSH DesertDude :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the complements everyone. Very fun to see a full winter of training pay off. Huge improvements on the swim and bike, but unfortunately the run improvements didn't show. Just need to work on nailing the pacing on the bike (well actually just listen to pacing instructions...) to tie it all together. Running through the MTB park after an aggressive bike and overly quick opening run miles was brutal.

Also- Keep an eye on Grant Burwash. He was flying on the run when he passed me. Very impressive to watch him go past, as demoralizing as it was.
http://grantburwash.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome job, Jack!
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jack, quick question.
Did Stover have you back off the bike power to handle the hills on the run course? or did you stick to a power plan to run a certain pace regardless of course conditions?
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [Lphc4L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, it was very much a pre-season race, and therefore not a ton of analysis of efforts and pacing. Brian set a pace plan on the bike for me based on the 4 lap course, and I overshot by about 5-15 watts on every lap. Another big factor was the fact that I thought it was a "trail" run meaning canal path and it was instead a trail run meaning MTB paths and crazy hills. This meant that through a combination of not knowing what was coming and excitement of leading I went out at about 5:30 pace and hit about 9:00 pace by the lowest low.

Strava Bike

Strava Run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done!

One lesson I've learned is never overshoot your coach's power plan... And do a proper recon of the course next time!

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. Now just to follow up and actually learn from that lesson! Proper recon for sure on important races. Normally try and drive/bike/run the course prior to raceday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
Yup. Now just to follow up and actually learn from that lesson! Proper recon for sure on important races. Normally try and drive/bike/run the course prior to raceday.

I could have told you that after my Lake Steven 2012 race when I had never seen/ridden the course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome to see you doing so well Jack! That being said, as a PNW amateur, I've gotta ask you to slow down and stop making the rest of us look terrible! Hope you've got Escape from the Rock (Mercer Island edition) on your calendar for this year, would be great to line up with you at it!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to JTolandTRI on an awesome race at Leadman 125 [TriPigeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a rough triple header last year with xc meet Friday, Lake Stevens Olympic Saturday, and then Escape on Sunday. Not sure I will be racing this year due to Worlds up in Edmonton unfortunately. Hopefully see you at some other local events over the summer though.
Quote Reply