Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Challenge Questions
Quote | Reply
I am entered in a multi-day Computrainer Challenge at my LBS. The 1st stage was a 40k TT, but the organizer left the draft option on, so not really a TT. There was myself, another rider and 2 computer riders: 1 at 32 kph who was off the back from the start and another computer rider who mixed it up with us the entire ride.

Prior to the event, they asked my weight and my bike weight combined. Race time was 60:10 and showed my FTP as 260. The other rider finished at same time (well, slightly behind in the sprint finish!), but it showed his FTP as 273. His weight and bike weight combined were 7 pounds heavier.

I have some questions on the results:
1) I definitely took advantage of the draft, but does the CT calculation of FTP take the drafting into consideration when it does the calculations?
2) Do the CT settings need to be modified for my 650 wheels, or does that make any difference in FTP calculation?
3) Would a 7 pound weight difference account for FTP that is 13 watts higher? Or does this mean I drafted more effectively? Is there any way for CT to show percentage of the ride in the lead?
4) Other groups have up to 4 real riders so will likely have 4 in the front group. Will the increased draft mean its not really a direct comparison to our ride?

I don't expect to win (by a long shot!) but would like to compare my times/FTP against others in the Challenge Thanks,
@Kid
Quote Reply