Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coming back from post-IM + injury
Quote | Reply
Finished IM cDa on August 27th.

By Sept 1, I was doing easy Yoga, light SBR workouts, and some light bodyweight and barbell weightlifting. Original plan was to start EN Outseason on 1 Oct. In retrospect, this was probably too much too soon. I pulled something in my back and have been in rest mode the past 2 weeks. Dr says it's not anything structural; just normal muscle pull.

I can feel that things are starting to heal and I'm starting to work out again (to prepare for working out, if you know what I mean).

How should I best approach this?

My current thinking is 1 mile easy run per day for 1 week. If that goes well, increase to 2. Then 3rd week, 3 miles and I should be good. Target is to be ready for EN Outseason on 1 Nov. I'm also doing 2x swims per week (which doesn't aggravate my back) and 30 to 45 min zone 1-2 bikes (which also doesn't aggravate my back but don't want to take chances).

Any thoughts appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Coming back from post-IM + injury [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry about your injury @ CDA. I was up there too.

I swear I've had every injury there is - and then some. your schedule seems reasonable, but, what the mind thinks is reasonable may or may not align with how your body actually recovers. be flexible - it is the off season.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply