Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update
Quote | Reply
Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Triathlon Participants,

The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults is excited to announce that we are close to finalizing the acquisition of the rights to own and operate the Columbia Triathlon and the Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon at Centennial Park. We know and appreciate that the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Columbia Triathlon Association have caused much concern throughout our community and the triathlon world. I wanted to personally reach out to the participants of both events and let you all know that these events will go on as scheduled in 2014 and for years to come. Once the legal terms are ironed out, there will be much more communication.

We respect the long-standing traditions of both events and will work to preserve their integrity and look for ways to enhance the experience for the participants, spectators, community partners and the charities that participate.

We will also be activating registration through a new website as soon as the paperwork is finalized. This will allow those who were not able to sign up prior to registration closing to participate. The new website address will be communicated soon.

We at the Ulman Cancer Fund would like to thank the many individuals and groups in the community who have supported us throughout this difficult process. We appreciate the vote of confidence and look forward to sharing more details in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Brian Satola
COO, Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
USAT Certified Race Director
www.ulmancancerfund.org
Quote Reply
Re: Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update [BrianS13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian, thanks for the update. Look forward to getting your additional updates and participating.....and hope your involvement brings better weather than last year :).
Quote Reply
Re: Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update [BrianS13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianS13 wrote:
Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Triathlon Participants,

The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults is excited to announce that we are close to finalizing the acquisition of the rights to own and operate the Columbia Triathlon and the Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon at Centennial Park. We know and appreciate that the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Columbia Triathlon Association have caused much concern throughout our community and the triathlon world. I wanted to personally reach out to the participants of both events and let you all know that these events will go on as scheduled in 2014 and for years to come. Once the legal terms are ironed out, there will be much more communication.

We respect the long-standing traditions of both events and will work to preserve their integrity and look for ways to enhance the experience for the participants, spectators, community partners and the charities that participate.

We will also be activating registration through a new website as soon as the paperwork is finalized. This will allow those who were not able to sign up prior to registration closing to participate. The new website address will be communicated soon.

We at the Ulman Cancer Fund would like to thank the many individuals and groups in the community who have supported us throughout this difficult process. We appreciate the vote of confidence and look forward to sharing more details in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Brian Satola
COO, Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
USAT Certified Race Director
www.ulmancancerfund.org

Would like to see the Half Full come back...
Quote Reply
Re: Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Half full was a good race, except that you had to rack the day prior. I never really understood why. Coming from outside the area I had to stay overnight, which really increased the cost.

Piranha-Sports seems to be taking advantage of no Half Full this year and brought back their Brierman Half Full, so I signed up instead. It's a tougher course, but fits my schedule well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of an individual on Team Howell racing out of Columbia SC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brin,
Thanks for the update. I was wondering if you guys were planning on continuing the pro race- If so, i'm excited to be there!

Tom Eickelberg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, do you know anything about the Celebrating Heroes Sprint Tri? Is that race gone for good?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another week has passed, any closer to finalizing the details? Race is just over 3 weeks away...
Quote Reply
Re: Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update [Rrr8400] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just sent a note to his Ulman Cancer Fund email address. So hopefully some information soon. Getting a big discouraged.
Quote Reply
Re: Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update [hoffsquared] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All- I totally appreciate your patience and frustration. Believe me that I hear you! We are ready to open registration and begin to communicate asap. We have been working behind the scenes to make sure we are prepared to put on a great race. With that said, we are waiting on a few signatures that will make the acquisition final. I know you have heard this before, but any day now. Again, I am very sorry for the delay and we are trying to push this along as quickly as possible as we know there is and has been much concern surrounding the status. Thank you all for your patience. Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the updates
Quote Reply
Re: Columbia Triathlon and Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon Update [tweickelberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also wondering if there will be a pro race this year. If you could let us know sooner rather than later, that would be much appreciated as I know many of us are trying to book flights, accommodations, etc. I am trying to decide between Memphis in May and Columbia which are both on the same day. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like everything is finally coming together! I just got an email from the UIman Cancer Fund for Young Adults saying that registration is open again, and the race is on for 2014. Here is the official press release:

http://ucfraces.org/...-columbia-triathlon/

<phew>
Quote Reply