Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Colom
Quote | Reply
I guess there won't be any awkward moments at the awards banquet tonight. Very happy to see Stubleski take out the 35-39 AG with Sam Gyde also on the podium.

Anyone know what happened to Colom on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably doping control at Hawi penalty tent for random numbers...pink font optional.

However, nothing is stopping Sam Gyde from posting the same sign at awards, whether Colom is on the podium or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what happened to him, but I had a look at his bike in transition, it's actually a Ridley road bike with aero extensions.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
Not sure what happened to him, but I had a look at his bike in transition, it's actually a Ridley road bike with aero extensions.

He probably got passed by a 35-39 guy on a Dimond beam bike on the way to Hawi and said, "WTF, even tourists on tri geek beam bikes are passing me like I am going backwards...my brakes must be rubbing or I have the Macca approved self snapping cables" and stopped to take a look. Then the Kona gods decended from Mauna Kea and froze him in place never to mount his bike again.

Congrats on your race Rob...looks like the trip to LA to get fitted and all the training worked out perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he thought better of it. IE finishing.

Magnus Backstedt didnt have the race he wanted

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang on...THE Magnus Backstedt, Swedish national TT champ and Paris Roubaix champ rides 4:58 and got chicked on the bike by Daniela Ryf?

This almost deserves its own thread !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Hang on...THE Magnus Backstedt, Swedish national TT champ and Paris Roubaix champ rides 4:58 and got chicked on the bike by Daniela Ryf?

Agree. Didnt have the race he thought he would have.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe we can put this comment in the Ryf thread...she may have not got the bike course record and just missed the race win (I thought an aero helmet is worth 2 minutes...but hey Sutton thinks we're idiots anyway)....but she chicked Magnus!
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Something must have happened to Magnus. I rode 5:00 on about 15-20 watts lower than last year (4:55). I'd guess he would average 100+ watts more than me at least

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Something must have happened to Magnus. I rode 5:00 on about 15-20 watts lower than last year (4:55). I'd guess he would average 100+ watts more than me at least

Neither Backstedt nor Colom have the auto tailwind generation function that comes with the Dimond. That things rides itself. Not only that, it has a "cross wind pass through" function. The guy that passed Colom on the Dimond probably totally demoralized him. It's one thing to be passed by Contador on the full blown Spanish beef diet, another thing to be passed by guys on a latter day version of 1990's beam technology!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

He posted on Twitter that he had a calf injury. Don't know any more details than that.
Quote Reply
Re: Colom [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
robgray wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

He posted on Twitter that he had a calf injury. Don't know any more details than that.
I'm sure @TriExcuses will suss that out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he ran out of drugs and forgot to put some in his Bike SNs bag:(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colom had flat after about 30 miles. Pele has her own way to deal with cheaters on the Big Island.
And even without the flat, Dan would have beaten him. It was nice not to have him on the podium though as he does not belong there at all...
Sam
samgyde.com
Quote Reply