Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cobb or ISM saddle?
Quote | Reply
I know saddle selection is a bit like partner selection. Very individual. I'm an ISM fan and currently have the typhoon on my road and the TT on my TT. I have also tried the breakaway and prologue and like these. I previously had a Cobb max but it just didn't work for me. I'm intrigued by the new Cobb 55 JOF and randee. They seem similar to the adamo saddles. What are peoples thoughts /experiences with these?
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb or ISM saddle? [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the newer cobb flow max and really enjoy it. I was coming from a hard basic road saddle and it has made a huge difference. If you like the typhoon then I'd say check out the cobb 55 JOF which is very similar but narrower at the nose. Makes a nice difference with comfort.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After trying a lot of saddles it seems I've settled on an ISM road with the nose zip tied.

Tried the JOF: much firmer than any ISM saddle I've ever sat on. Maybe it will work for you but it was very uncomfortable for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of guys have moved to the Randee, I've yet to hear a negative toward it.

Why not call the guys tomorrow and talk to them for a bit. They're great about helping you figure out which saddle is likely best to work out for you, and of course you've got 90 days to decide. (903) 253-8555

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't say enough about the ISM Attack. If ridden in the position it was designed for (i.e. quite far forward on it) it has been an absolute dream on both my tri and road bikes. Great quality too after a year or so and about 8000km on each of my two bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ISM prologue is an excellent saddle
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb or ISM saddle? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
After trying a lot of saddles it seems I've settled on an ISM road with the nose zip tied.

Tried the JOF: much firmer than any ISM saddle I've ever sat on. Maybe it will work for you but it was very uncomfortable for me.

Why would you zip tie the nose?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the ISM prologue for a TT bike- love mine on my tri bike. I have a Selle Italia SLS Flow on my road bike and really like that one as well.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb or ISM saddle? [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the JOF & am very happy with it. I think the only thing that could improve is during climbing the saddle may be a *tad* wide when sitting up, but awesome in the aero position. Now that the Randee has come out, I may try to switch to that one or try it out on demo to see if that clears the sitting up issue. Other than that, the JOF is the most comfortable saddle I've used & I'm not getting numbnuts any more. Never thought I'd like the cut-out saddles, but they are a game changer in comfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gunsbuns wrote:
I know saddle selection is a bit like partner selection. Very individual. I'm an ISM fan and currently have the typhoon on my road and the TT on my TT. I have also tried the breakaway and prologue and like these. I previously had a Cobb max but it just didn't work for me. I'm intrigued by the new Cobb 55 JOF and randee. They seem similar to the adamo saddles. What are peoples thoughts /experiences with these?

Well the great thing about Cobb saddles is that you can always try them out for free for 90 days and if they don't workout you can send it back. Tough to beat that.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb or ISM saddle? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
gunsbuns wrote:

Well the great thing about Cobb saddles is that you can always try them out for free for 90 days and if they don't workout you can send it back. Tough to beat that.

100% and 90 days is very generous. To be fair to the 55 JOF the profile of the saddle was nice, no chafing, just too firm for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb or ISM saddle? [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Why would you zip tie the nose?

Zip tie the rails under the nose. It narrows it up a bit and tapers it a bit as well. For me it results in a as close to a perfect saddle as I've found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started with a Selle Italia "Normal" saddle, then 2x ISM (Race and Prologue, I think), then Cobb V-Flow Max. I now ride a Specialized Sitero. Go figure.

But your arse is probably a bit different to mine.

Best thing you can do is go for saddles with a long return period, and failing that keep them very clean to maintain a decent resale price!!
Quote Reply