Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clermont, Florida cycling
Quote | Reply
My brother and I are training for IMLOU. We live in Central Florida, but have not done in any cycling in Clermont. We are looking for some time consuming rides in the area with rolling hills, like we will be facing at IMLOU. Can anyone recommend some routes or trials? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont, Florida cycling [TriLawGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont, Florida cycling [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any tips on where to park and start/end? It's been years since I've been in that area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know honestly I don't ride it. I have always gotten a majority of my bike training from commuting and refusing to use a car. Combo that with indoor quality rides and it leaves me with usually a single longerish ride outside and I usually do that out towards the Van Fleet.

Here is the loop though. Easy to park I guess at the NTC and go from there...

https://www.strava.com/segments/1250721

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Start at NTC or Yalaha Bakery. You won't be upset about starting at the bakery for post ride eats.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont, Florida cycling [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hop on the West Orange Trail in Winter Garden and ride West to Lake County.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you could do the horrible hundred route

http://www.mapmyride.com/...undred-route-1245844

also, there is a 16 mile loop that starts on top of sugarloaf, it has about 1100' of climbing. we'll do that 3 or 4 times (forward the backward) for a good workout.

Quote | Reply
Any idea how long this is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know how far it goes. I usually do about 40miles. If you want only rolling hills, you need to stay out in lake county, just keep tUrning around at Kilarney Station. If you don't mind the flats, you can start before Winter Garden, closer to Apopka area. Again, I'm not really familiar with that area either.

Either the way, the hills start around Killarney Station in the Oakland/Clermont area.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriLawGuy wrote:
Any idea how long this is?

If you hop on the trail around Ingram and Clarcona Ocoee Road (there's a gravel lot there) ride out to the terminus out in Lake County and back it's 45 miles IIRC. The ride gets broken up a bit by road crossings but it's not that bad. Personally I'd rather deal with that and not have to deal with cars. YMMV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely check it out, especially on a Saturday. Live music in the afternoons, and a great courtyard area.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply