Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind.
Quote | Reply
So I have been struggling for over a year now with a foot condition that seems to have no explanation according to my docs. I will try to make a long story as short as possible...

Just over a year ago I was coming back from bi-lateral fasciotomy surgery (Dr. Sennett) that I had in late December, trying to still do Lake Placid in the summer. I was ramping up my mileage across all disciplines way too fast and felt a sharp pain in the bottom/ball of my foot about an hour into a run. I was also trying to transition to more of a midfoot striker at the time as well (too much too fast). I backed off because it felt relatively serious and jogged home in some pain. it hurt pretty seriously for 2 weeks, then began to go away with rest. I ramped up training again and it continued to get worse. 2 months later I was still biking >2hrs but no running, and was visibly limping due to the pain when walking. I stupidly waited 2 months to go to the doc (Dr. Horstmann), my orthopedic surgeon thought it was a stress fracture (neg. xrays though, in may) so she put me in a walking boot, but told me I could keep biking/running/climbing. 4 weeks in the boot and not enough of a change to keep the boot on. She told me to stop wearing it and sent me to another doc (Dr. Kelly) who immediately thought I had an asymptomatic neuroma (i have no numbness at all). He ordered an MRI (June). MRI showed no signs of any fractures or neuromas, but my pain started to subside so we played the wait and see game. Fast forward to lake placid, I swam and biked pain free (26th OA off the bike!) but obviously blew up on the run since I hadn't run in months, and had serious pain in my foot on the run that forced me to walk/limp. Pain went away by the nest day though.

I took lots of rest but the pain still hung around, went back to the same office in august but got another doc (Dr, Leuwillis, sports med) who gave me a cortisone shot btwn the 2nd and 3rd met but it actually felt like it made it worse. He also gave me naproxen, I took 1200mg a day, more than he suggested and took 3 full weeks off from everything. It felt pretty good after this rest period. So I started biking/climbing/swimming again. pain stayed away for the most part but I still had considerable pain in shoes (I had cut the sides out of my shoes for comfort or it would throb all day).

This is getting too long, damn it....ok so fast forward to January after other periods of pain, rest, pain, rest. I go to a podiatrist who thinks I have a bone chip (sure, ok!) and sends me to Dr Nazarian, "the best at what he does" for a musculoskeletal ultrasound of my foot. He is perplexed and says there is no sign of any fracture/neuroma/inflammation/injury in my foot and says there is no reason visibly as to why I should be in pain. His advice? "Change what you do." WTF kind of advice is that? You get paid $300,000+ and that's all you can tell me?

So it was felling pretty good actually, though I haven't ran for months now I have been biking/swimming/climbing moderately as long as it didn't hurt. I went climbing a few days ago and now it is throbbing again. I now have an appt with a different podiatrist (Dr Diamond) for Monday.

I am losing my mind. There is no other way to put it. I have had chronic foot pain for over a year and cant do my typical type-a stuff. 5 docs don't know whats up and I am getting ready to give it all up and get fat. I have iced daily for months, changed every pair of shoe I own, worn everything in my shoe possible, cortisone, nsaids, mri, x-ray, ultrasound, cut the sides out of my shoes, and taken as much as 4 rest periods of 2-3 weeks of nothing. And it keeps coming back. Every time. Help. Please.
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [tri-n-climb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pain is on the ball of my foot, in and around the head of the 2nd met, but slightly behind it. I can poke it all day long and not find the exact spot that it hurts by poking it. Standing on my toes that area starts to burn. It feels like I am stepping on a stone sometimes. It can range from discomfort to a dull ache, to a sharp pain that affects my normal gait. In flip flops I can be largely pain free, but then i put on a pair of shoes and it throbs all day.
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [tri-n-climb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-n-climb wrote:
So I have been struggling for over a year now with a foot condition that seems to have no explanation according to my docs. I will try to make a long story as short as possible...

Just over a year ago I was coming back from bi-lateral fasciotomy surgery (Dr. Sennett) that I had in late December, trying to still do Lake Placid in the summer. I was ramping up my mileage across all disciplines way too fast and felt a sharp pain in the bottom/ball of my foot about an hour into a run. I was also trying to transition to more of a midfoot striker at the time as well (too much too fast). I backed off because it felt relatively serious and jogged home in some pain. it hurt pretty seriously for 2 weeks, then began to go away with rest. I ramped up training again and it continued to get worse. 2 months later I was still biking >2hrs but no running, and was visibly limping due to the pain when walking. I stupidly waited 2 months to go to the doc (Dr. Horstmann), my orthopedic surgeon thought it was a stress fracture (neg. xrays though, in may) so she put me in a walking boot, but told me I could keep biking/running/climbing. 4 weeks in the boot and not enough of a change to keep the boot on. She told me to stop wearing it and sent me to another doc (Dr. Kelly) who immediately thought I had an asymptomatic neuroma (i have no numbness at all). He ordered an MRI (June). MRI showed no signs of any fractures or neuromas, but my pain started to subside so we played the wait and see game. Fast forward to lake placid, I swam and biked pain free (26th OA off the bike!) but obviously blew up on the run since I hadn't run in months, and had serious pain in my foot on the run that forced me to walk/limp. Pain went away by the nest day though.

I took lots of rest but the pain still hung around, went back to the same office in august but got another doc (Dr, Leuwillis, sports med) who gave me a cortisone shot btwn the 2nd and 3rd met but it actually felt like it made it worse. He also gave me naproxen, I took 1200mg a day, more than he suggested and took 3 full weeks off from everything. It felt pretty good after this rest period. So I started biking/climbing/swimming again. pain stayed away for the most part but I still had considerable pain in shoes (I had cut the sides out of my shoes for comfort or it would throb all day).

This is getting too long, damn it....ok so fast forward to January after other periods of pain, rest, pain, rest. I go to a podiatrist who thinks I have a bone chip (sure, ok!) and sends me to Dr Nazarian, "the best at what he does" for a musculoskeletal ultrasound of my foot. He is perplexed and says there is no sign of any fracture/neuroma/inflammation/injury in my foot and says there is no reason visibly as to why I should be in pain. His advice? "Change what you do." WTF kind of advice is that? You get paid $300,000+ and that's all you can tell me?

So it was felling pretty good actually, though I haven't ran for months now I have been biking/swimming/climbing moderately as long as it didn't hurt. I went climbing a few days ago and now it is throbbing again. I now have an appt with a different podiatrist (Dr Diamond) for Monday.

I am losing my mind. There is no other way to put it. I have had chronic foot pain for over a year and cant do my typical type-a stuff. 5 docs don't know whats up and I am getting ready to give it all up and get fat. I have iced daily for months, changed every pair of shoe I own, worn everything in my shoe possible, cortisone, nsaids, mri, x-ray, ultrasound, cut the sides out of my shoes, and taken as much as 4 rest periods of 2-3 weeks of nothing. And it keeps coming back. Every time. Help. Please.

Well, I will throw in my 2 cents since you have been to every possible expert on the planet...Instead of giving up on everything maybe you do need to change your focus...

Do you strength train? Do you do plyometrics and running drills? Have you ever done them?

I went through a stretch a couple of years ago where I had more overuse injuries than you can shake a stick at...I was on the give up plan, but then realized I was going to work out and train regardless of my triathlon goals....

I kept swimming and biking, but totally swithced gears with the running....Spent my time allotted to run trainnig to getting my athleticism back....Still doing things that would allow me to move forward towards my goals, but worked on building a stronger more athletic body....

My only run workouts were about 20 to 30 mins on a Treadmill before I lifted (2x's per week) and then 20 to 30 mins before a speed and agility circuit (barefoot in grass) where I did some running drills, ladders, and 100m strides....and then a long run of 60 mins where I ran mile and then walked a min between each mile....

This eliminated a lot of stress in two ways...first I wasn't running enough to worry about whether or not I may have over done it a touch or had some little ache or pain.....Two I really felt like I was putting myself in a position to be a better runner....

To be quite honest with the swimming and biking and the leg strength durability I gained from the above, I was running my best ever.....Obviously I wouldn't want to go bang out a long run race with hardly in volume, but I felt stronger, fitter, and more athletic than ever....I actually felt like an athlete again....

I got my range of motion and strength back and started to realize I had done a lot more damage (overusue) to my body than I was realizing....

Hip mobility, Ankle mobility...ect, ect...The way I walk and ran changed back to be much more free....No more tweaking out on the shoes I wear and my foot strikes the ground ect..ect...

Now I am running 5 days week...doing the same stuff as before, but more around 25 to 30 miles per week completey pain free and happy...I have the biomechanical fitness now to build comfortably to 40 to 50 mph, but just dont' have any goals right now that warrant that kind of volume....

Here is a list of the overuse injuries I had a one point:

1. Shoulder Pain while swimming (completely gone...not even a thougth or concern)
2. Patellar Tendonitis (knee pain while running and walking up and down stairs) I was afraid to do a lunge for the longest time
3. Excessive suppination left foot/ankle caused by lack of ankle rocker (dorsiflexion)
4. Excessive suppnation left foot/ankle all originated from tearing solues/posterior tib tendon weakness...Was trying to avoid pain during pronation phase of gait....
5. morton's neuroma from messing with above
6. Anterior Pelvic tilt (functional shorter right leg)...probably from IM training through all of the above..........

I was a Div I football player and extremely athletic in my younger years and could barely walk let alone train for anything....Everything listed above is all gone and in the past...I learned a lot of lessons the hard way about endurance training....

I a more durable/stable, pain free now than I have been since I was about 24...

So the doctor who said do something different was probably spot on...I don't take this advise as to do change your goals, but to give your body what it needs....Switch gears with the running aspect of your training and you will probably feel better than ever...

and then when you are healthy again, build back up with a more balanced approach...............I believe you will learn more about your body through this process than any doctor will probably be able to tell you...unless they were working with you on a daily basis...There are just too many variables in dealing with chronic pain..........

Anyways, just my 2 cents...hang in there!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by: Big: Mar 14, 13 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, deep breath...

I read through your posts and didn't see any approach that focused on letting your body heal itself (maybe I missed it, or maybe you didn't mention it). No chiropractic care, no acupuncture, no PRP treatments. There always, always, always seems to be a chain reaction of weakness, compensation, and repetitive stress associated with overuse injuries, so any focus on fixing it would require taking a few steps back, finding help with docs who get the whole kinetic chain, and rebuilding from end-to-end, inside and out.

I'm speaking from experience, having finished top-6 in my AG in Kona four years in a row ('03-'06), then winning my AG in Clearwater in '07, before shredding my right hip in May of '08. Lots of fits and starts since then (foot pain exactly like what you describe, stress fracture, sprained ankle, neuroma...sure I'm forgetting a few) but after a calf pull and hamstring pain hit me (again) in early 2011, I decided to have a go with a broader rebuilding approach like I'm advocating for you.

It's a lot of work, but it's really, really worth it...really.

Big year ahead -- but so is every year in this crazy sport, right? Have at it and send me a PM if you want more details.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [mpl201] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpl201 wrote:
Ok, deep breath...

I read through your posts and didn't see any approach that focused on letting your body heal itself (maybe I missed it, or maybe you didn't mention it). No chiropractic care, no acupuncture, no PRP treatments. There always, always, always seems to be a chain reaction of weakness, compensation, and repetitive stress associated with overuse injuries, so any focus on fixing it would require taking a few steps back, finding help with docs who get the whole kinetic chain, and rebuilding from end-to-end, inside and out.

I'm speaking from experience, having finished top-6 in my AG in Kona four years in a row ('03-'06), then winning my AG in Clearwater in '07, before shredding my right hip in May of '08. Lots of fits and starts since then (foot pain exactly like what you describe, stress fracture, sprained ankle, neuroma...sure I'm forgetting a few) but after a calf pull and hamstring pain hit me (again) in early 2011, I decided to have a go with a broader rebuilding approach like I'm advocating for you.

Big year ahead -- but so is every year in this crazy sport, right? Have at it and send me a PM if you want more details.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike if you got a chance it would be cool for you to lay out what you did for that rehabilitation period...I think there are a lot of people that could benefit....Maybe not all the details, but a general outline....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big, I agree with some of what you are saying. I do/did quite a bit of training for climbing that would relate to gaining strength. I climb rather strong (5.12+) and have a decent amount of waist up muscle from this. I do approaches and hiking (use to) to climbing areas for hours with a 50+ pound pack on. So I dont necessarily think it has to do with not enough strength training. I am not the classic rail thin endurance athlete at 5'6" 150+lbs (and low body fat). I use to lift a lot when I ran track in college and that damaged my body more than anything else. I also haven't ran in a very long time, I dont even think I could so the exercises you talk about without them causing pain. (i have tried barefoot running and drills last summer and they didnt help at all)
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [Big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big wrote:
mpl201 wrote:
Ok, deep breath...

Thanks,
Mike

Mike if you got a chance it would be cool for you to lay out what you did for that rehabilitation period...I think there are a lot of people that could benefit....Maybe not all the details, but a general outline....

^^2nd that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently came up with what seems to be a tibial stress fracture myself. Thankfully my father is a chiro and was able to treat me right away. Suprisingly the treatment makes the pain near the fracture sight go away almost instantly. Its a whole different deal than typical M.D. solution, give a little anti inflammatory and rest blah blah blah. Good things they are, but if the nervous system (that's what bone alignment affects) is/was out of whack it can cause symptoms in any part of the body. Make sure you find a good chiro though, preferably one that is reviewed highly by word of mouth. I would also stress proper strength training and recovery from workouts to supplement any chiro care. Remember training tears down the body (I know your saying duh but still listen), it may make you feel stellar but your body doesn't think so sometimes.
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [Big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh jeez, lay out the rehab period...that would be tough. I was never given any specific rehab from any of my docs, not even after my compartment syndrome surgery. Things I have tried, some just to get by: I rolled my foot on a frozen soda bottle for months at lunch for about an hour to get through the day. I have tried contrast baths for about a month. I have taken 2 periods of 3 weeks of nothing but work and go home and sit on the couch (hell). Massage makes it hurt worse. Cortisone didn't do anything. I haven't had PRP suggested as there is no injury that they can "see" to treat. Numerous shoe inserts, including cutting out portions of my insoles for relief. This just off the top of my head, my students just rolled in....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-n-climb wrote:
The pain is on the ball of my foot, in and around the head of the 2nd met, but slightly behind it. I can poke it all day long and not find the exact spot that it hurts by poking it. Standing on my toes that area starts to burn. It feels like I am stepping on a stone sometimes. It can range from discomfort to a dull ache, to a sharp pain that affects my normal gait. In flip flops I can be largely pain free, but then i put on a pair of shoes and it throbs all day.

My theory is almost ALL injuries and illness has its basis in STRESS. There are two things I would recommend to dramatically reduce stress. #1 Change your walk. SLOW DOWN,LEAN BACK,lengthen your stride,swing your arms and hips and swagger! You will find that your stress(mental AND physical)will be reduced dramatically. The more you swagger the more relaxed and happy you become! #2 ALLOW yourself to heal! Up to this point you have been trying to MAKE yourself heal. Healing is 20% MAKING something happen and 80% ALLOWING something to happen. SWAGGER and ALLOW yourself to heal and you will heal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brother had the same type of foot pain, could not be diagnosed for ages - it came from his calf muscle, once this muscle was worked out it went away and hasnt come back

http://www.swimcyclerun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be happy to lay it all out -- the details would probably take 8-10 blog posts that I'd cull from 100+ emails back/forth with my docs over the past two years, but it's certainly in my head and needs to come out at some point. In the meantime, the general approach looked like this:
  • Realize that there is a root cause, and that it's likely to be as much emotional/stress related as it is physical.
  • When you engage with a doc, you're asking them to help you heal, not to help you figure out how to fix a specific ligament/tendon/joint/bone/whatever -- this isn't a science project, it's a life improvement project. Big difference.
  • You'll need to be more aware of what you're doing (I'm guessing that you're heavily focused on your foot injury alone). My doc asked me a simple question early on: What specific muscles are firing at each portion of your pedal stroke on the bike? I had absolutely no idea -- I just knew "push hard". That was a big red flag for me.
  • Injuries develop when your timing is off -- antagonistic muscle groups don't "turn on" and "turn off" when they're supposed to -- and the result is a pull or a tear, or at least some referred pain somewhere else (ITB pain and hamstring issues can be caused by this).
  • Acupuncture helps to heal your nervous system, which is used to send signals to your muscles around when to fire and relax. It probably has a place in your healing process.
  • Active recovery needs a more prominent role in your training plan, I'm guessing. Planning recovery first, then building key workouts around that, has been a huge help for me. I've plugged in to Matt Dixon's Purplepatch Fitness for ideas around training and functional strength -- the guy is the perfect mix of art & science, IMO.

I'll be more motivated to start to organize my thoughts and material once I get a chance to race a bit and see some results in my new AG. I've got four big ones planned before July 1 (Oceanside, St. Croix, Eagleman, and CdA), so it won't be long...

Again, feel free to send me a PM in the meantime if you want more specifics.

Thanks,
Mike

mattbk wrote:
Big wrote:
mpl201 wrote:
Ok, deep breath...

Thanks,
Mike

^^2nd that...

Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [hotman637] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hotman637 wrote:
tri-n-climb wrote:

My theory is almost ALL injuries and illness has its basis in STRESS. There are two things I would recommend to dramatically reduce stress. #1 Change your walk. SLOW DOWN,LEAN BACK,lengthen your stride,swing your arms and hips and swagger! You will find that your stress(mental AND physical)will be reduced dramatically. The more you swagger the more relaxed and happy you become! #2 ALLOW yourself to heal! Up to this point you have been trying to MAKE yourself heal. Healing is 20% MAKING something happen and 80% ALLOWING something to happen. SWAGGER and ALLOW yourself to heal and you will heal.

Seriously? Haha, I mean I guess I can't ask for help and then turn away some advice that sounds...just a little too groovy (if you get what im saying). I am a teacher, health and PE, though I do teach in the inner city I would say I have pretty low stress levels (when im healthy ;) ). If it was stress related it would have disappeared last summer when I had 2 months off. I already have swagger, at least more then you probably do according to my students idea of swagger!
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [mpl201] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy I am seeing on Monday apparently is a podiatrist who deals with "hard to heal" issues and also practices accupuncture and other holistic forms of treatment. Do you have specific questions for me to ask him that you think would benefit me? I am a complete newb to sticking pins in myself to help the healing process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-n-climb wrote:
Do you have specific questions for me to ask him that you think would benefit me?

I knew that I'd found a great fit when all the hard questions came from him, directed to me, and not the other way around.

That said, I would focus your questions & attention on where the root cause is, rather than on "the pain in my foot". Ask him how these types of injuries generally occur, and what might have triggered it in your case. I'd be surprised if he didn't look at your gait, at least walking, if not on a treadmill or along a hallway.

Also ask him what role tightness in your hips might have played in developing the imbalance that lead to the injury. It's a good bet that your hips are super tight, your shoulders under-rotate (one side more than the other) when you swim/bike/run, and that your swim times have been stagnant for years. Just a few educated guesses, but it's all pretty typical.

As for treatments, ask about PRP as an option to address the chronic state that your foot is in. It might not make sense anymore, but it helped me a lot (had three treatments in total), and there is just about zero risk involved (aside from using needles and drawing blood, that is).

And lastly, have an open mind about the approach you're taking. The wider your perspective, the more likely you are to come out the other side as a better athlete, all the way around.
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [hotman637] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hotman637 wrote:

So...your swagger is what you recommend for swimming, and also for curing foot pain. Anything else your swagger can do?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recall from my climbing days that cramming one's foot into a teeny shoe two sizes too small then camping out on said foot on some little edge while fiddling with pro, looking for the next move or whatever can truly wreak havoc on one's foot. Not that the treatment approach would be much different for a climbing vs. running related injury, but perhaps something worth mentioning to the Drs. I still cringe when I see some of my old shoes. They're about the same size as my daughter's shoes. She is 7.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad you have swagger! BUT mpl201 asked two GREAT questions,how is your walk?,and are your hips tight? If your steps are short and you are leaning forward you will put stress on your feet and calves and your hips will be tight. Do that day after day year after year and the stress will be HUGE. My hips and calves were so tight I was not moving correctly at all. I thought I was low stress too but now that I have been swaggering over a month I have gone from a 7(out of 10)on the stress meter to a 2! It is AMAZING! As mpl201also said you are open minded so try and really EXAGGERATE your swagger and see what happens!
Last edited by: hotman637: Mar 14, 13 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-n-climb wrote:

2-3 weeks of nothing? That's it? That's barely enough time to heal a sprain/strain.

You had foot surgery. You ramped up way too fast, AND tried monkeying with your foot strike, got hurt and jogged home on it. You worked out for 2 more weeks before any kind of a rest, at which point it started to go away. Ramped up again, hurt again. Did LP, hurt on the run but finished it anyway. You continue to keep doing stuff, and surprise, surprise, it keeps hurting.

Take. Time. Off. Serious time off. Like months. Accept that it's going to be a long process to rehab and you may lose a season or three.

Just for my n=1, I ruptured my achilles last May. Yeah, it sucked being in the cast, slow rehab (Actually quite fast compared to others), and while I have been biking since late August and running since somewhere in October, I'm still not cleared 100% for all my activities. But I've been pain free the entire time. Pain is a signal from your body that something isn't right. Listen to it. Sit on the couch, water run, get some good rehab going.

I might drop rroof a note, if he hasn't seen this thread already.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fiddling with pro! Now you are speaking my language. The shoes sure dont help, I agree. The prevailing trend isnt what it use to be though as far as wearing super small shoes. I wear shoes I can relatively comfortably wear for big wall stuff; and my tighter shoes are not on my feet very long. Strangely, I have never had pain from climbing until this past weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
hotman637 wrote:

So...your swagger is what you recommend for swimming, and also for curing foot pain. Anything else your swagger can do?

John

The swagger can do anything,lol! The swagger can also make you rich! The thing to do is get out there and SWAGGER and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!
Quote Reply
Re: Chronic Undiagnosable foot pain. Im losing my mind. [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was surgery on both legs, not my foot. I did tons of stretches and rolling for months before and after the surgery so I doubt it was or has anything to do with flexibility.

The time off thing, I agree but disagree. I know time off is critical for healing and the such and make sure to work those days in frequently, but a lot of literature is going towards taking less time off after injuries and surgeries. The process of healing takes place much faster when the area is being used and has increased blood flow, yada yada yada. Clearly this is chronic now and not acute which is different in some ways. My issue with time off is that with it being the foot, it needs to be true 100% time off. I would be fine if they put me in a cast for 4 weeks. That way I cant walk on it and aggravate it with every 3000 steps I take in a day while I'm "resting" it. I honestly dont know that I agree with months off. I tried that at one point with my compartment syndrome a few years ago and it came back weeks later when I started back up. Rest isnt necessarily treating the cause often-times in my eyes.

I have already lost 3 seasons now with the compartment syndrome included, so the seasons thing is what it is by now honestly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hotman is drunk on swagger, someone help him please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also sorry to hear about your achilles but glad it sounds all back together, that is miserable from what I have heard and seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
I might drop rroof a note, if he hasn't seen this thread already.

John

I'm watching this play out ... interesting to say the least ...

Prev Next