Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chrissie ran a half marathon today...
Quote | Reply
Yes, that Chrissie! Wellington clocked a 1:20:43... Which seems pretty good to me (not taking the time to evaluate / compare to what she used to do) Just thought there would be a few here who would be interested. My understanding is that she is prepping for a marathon in the spring.

Oh and Lionel won another 70.3....and there isn't a thread on that yet... I'm shocked ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Yes, that Chrissie! Wellington clocked a 1:20:43... Which seems pretty good to me (not taking the time to evaluate / compare to what she used to do) Just thought there would be a few here who would be interested. My understanding is that she is prepping for a marathon in the spring.

Oh and Lionel won another 70.3....and there isn't a thread on that yet... I'm shocked ;)

I think she ran 1:15 at Kansas 70.3 one year, maybe 1:16, although I could be wrong.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:

I figured that it's probably not a good idea for me to start ANOTHER thread about Lionel.

Awesome work by Chrissie. Keep in mind that she was a new mom around this time last year right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's prepping for London Marathon, for charity, not to compete.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
She's prepping for London Marathon, for charity, not to compete.

And while knowing that's true, knowing her nature, I bet she'll still be pretty darn competitive;)
A 1:20:XX converts to a sub 2:50 marathon with proper training.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://womensrunninguk.co.uk/.../?platform=hootsuite

In this article that she just tweeted she says she's aiming for sub-3.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
http://womensrunninguk.co.uk/inspiration/i-want-role-model-daughter/?platform=hootsuite

In this article that she just tweeted she says she's aiming for sub-3.

With a 1:20 she's going to be way sub 3. I suspect she's going to be sub 2:50 easily with another month of prep. Maybe not down at Gwen's 2:41 from NYC though!
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's a given that Chrissie Wellington's complete not compete is not the same as ours.

I can easily imagine that she could toe the line thinking that she's going to smile and wave at everybody and have a grand old time of enjoying the experience of mid pack obscurity, then get caught up in the moment and (poom) 2:45 later she's at the finish.

I'm not saying that's her plan, just sayin' I doubt she could control her best intentions when she pins on a number

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I think it's a given that Chrissie Wellington's complete not compete is not the same as ours.

I can easily imagine that she could toe the line thinking that she's going to smile and wave at everybody and have a grand old time of enjoying the experience of mid pack obscurity, then get caught up in the moment and (poom) 2:45 later she's at the finish.

I'm not saying that's her plan, just sayin' I doubt she could control her best intentions when she pins on a number

As a bare minimum I think she's going to want to beat her Roth run split...that would be 2:44.35....what's the over/under on that number knowing that Chrissie is a "never fade" machine. I wouldn't be totally surprised if she just doubled her half marathon and beat Gwen's NYC time too!

Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, pretty impressive! Nice to see her back participating in sport again.
One can only hope it lights a fire for a comeback to I'm! ;)

[I figured that it's probably not a good idea for me to start ANOTHER thread about Lionel.

Awesome work by Chrissie. Keep in mind that she was a new mom around this time last year right?[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie ran a half marathon today... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

As a bare minimum I think she's going to want to beat her Roth run split...that would be 2:44.35....what's the over/under on that number knowing that Chrissie is a "never fade" machine. I wouldn't be totally surprised if she just doubled her half marathon and beat Gwen's NYC time too!

Let's be clear about the over/under of the true distance of Roth's 26.2 vs. London Marathon's 26.2. Can't compare a tri run course to an actual certified marathon course.
Quote Reply