Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chest Infection leading up to 'A race'.
Quote | Reply
Hi All. IMWales was down as my A Race for this year having completed IMUK in July. I am a BOP athlete, slowly chipping away at my times as I develop as a triathlete. I knocked an hour off my previous best from last year to complete in 14:12 at IMUK and was looking to go sub 13:30 in Wales despite it being a tougher course. I have been struck down with a chest infection for the last 2 weeks and now entering week 3 with zero training. Wales is on September 10th. Based on previous experience, what would be the recommended cut off date to pull the plug on Wales if I am not feeling 100%? I was thinking if I am not feeling better by September 1st then pull the plug. What do others think, although I appreciate when it comes to personal health it can be very subjective. I have been really looking forward to 'racing' Wales as a group of us from work do it whenever our work schedule allows, so it is quite a social thing (except out on course). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Chest Infection leading up to 'A race'. [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got no advice, but I've been very influenced by monty's experience where he attributes heart problems to his competing when sick. Be careful.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...training%3F_P1739295
Quote Reply
Re: Chest Infection leading up to 'A race'. [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't do it. I raced an Olympic distance race with a chest cold that was clearing but still had a dry cough. I had a shit race and the most painful run I've ever done. I will never race sick again and can't imagine doing an IM especially if it's not the first one and you're not looking to just finish before midnight
Quote Reply