Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Check my tt fit and helmet selection.
Quote | Reply
I was thinking on trying a different style helmet for my tt's. check my fit and offer some advice.

6th from the left on the top row. #24 on blue speed concept.

http://www.sportszonephotography.ca/...852871&k=N2wSCcK
Last edited by: skinnyguy: Sep 18, 14 15:21
Quote Reply
Re: Check my tt helmet fit. [skinnyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You probably don't want a helmet with a long tail if that's your usual head position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not worry about the helmet with that position. I would work on getting into a more aggressive position and worry about the helmet later. That will make you faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Check my tt helmet fit. [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is as low as I can get my pads. And as long as uci will allow the extensions. Cannot downsize my frame gor anther sc as my seatpost could not be place high enough then. Sorta stuck.
Where do I go next. New bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raising the hands with a higher rise extensions should drop your elbows a bit and lower your torso. Simon Smart make really nice extensions with up to a 40 degree rise. I don't know if it applies to your SC, but TriRig has some much simpler mounting hardware for SCs that I think also allows you to further lower the pads

http://www.tririg.com/...id=2011_05_SC_Clamps

Then dropping your head and rotating the chin forward will get the tail of the helmet out of the wind. Unless you can make some semi radical positin changes, the Kask is probably one of your better choices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shorter cranks ...maybe 165? then you can raise your saddle and flatten your back. Is your stem flush with your top tube?
Quote Reply
Re: Check my tt helmet fit. [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should be loking for a helmet like the ekoi crx13 or casco speed time. Neither have a tail to dpeak of.
Quote Reply