Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga bike course (116)
Quote | Reply
Is there a reason why the bike course is long? Is it to make up for the fast swim? Sorry if this has been brought up in the past but I couldn't find anything about the distance.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga bike course (116) [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im-a-miler wrote:
Is there a reason why the bike course is long? Is it to make up for the fast swim? Sorry if this has been brought up in the past but I couldn't find anything about the distance.

The race is on a Sunday and there is a church that would be closed to traffic if it were to be 112. No joke. Some courses have to be long/short for the permitting.

It cancels out the super fast swim. It's a fast, but fairly honest course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only your bike computer will notice the difference. Plus this course is very enjoyable once most cars are off of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. To avoid having the bike to run transition 4 miles before the end of the bike course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It all comes out in the wash. You'll swim a few minutes quick. The bike course feels quick despite the extra distance. By my calculations, the two times I've done it, the swim and bike almost exactly cancelled each other out (at my respective speeds).
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga bike course (116) [HardKnox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input to everyone that has responded. I think I've made up my mind and I'm going to add this to the docket!

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply