Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga Hotel
Quote | Reply
Was looking for a hotel closer to the race site from where I was staying and thought I found a great deal on priceline with a 2.5 star downtown hotel for $75 night for Friday through Sunday night. It was listed through their express deals (no bidding) and shown as a "guest favorite" with 8+ out of 10 ratings and included a fridge and microwave. I went ahead with it (nonrefundable) and it turned out to be the Red Roof Plus & Suites located at 2431 Williams St about 2.5 miles away from the finish line. Further review on tripadvisor shows much lower ratings but most of the lower ratings before they did a recent remodeling of the rooms. Not a big deal but saw a comment that it was on the bad side of town and questioned the safety of the area.

Anyone familiar with the area or the hotel?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Hotel [gilabruce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't live in Chattanooga but I have visited there a lot and do a good bit of running through the downtown area (and surroundings).

That hotel is located in what I would describe as an "industrial" type area. Not sure about crime or such in the area. I've been running around this area at 5:00-6:00 in the mornings and never felt unsafe but those were only brief moments. Its definitely not as nice as the area near the aquarium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's right off the freeway and very close to the bike course. Not the prettiest area of town but safe enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I stayed there for the waterfront tri this year. Not in the greatest neighborhood, but nothing to worry about. They were under renovation at the time so the lobby and downstairs were a mess, but our room was freshly renovated and a great size for the price. Very easy to get down town from there, overall not a bad place to stay, especially for the price.

--------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/...nce-384308305013448/
Quote Reply