Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chariot pram tires
Quote | Reply
It's time for new tires on my double chariot pram. Any recommendations for tire choice? I'd like them to be the fastest possible. I've seen some continental gp in 20'' and also some swalbe tires but have no experience with those. Do they all come with wire? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Chariot pram tires [cblondon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure you use latex tubes
Quote Reply
Re: Chariot pram tires [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It did cross my mind about latex tubes in a half serious way. Unfortunately couldn't see them online anywhere. I want some PB's pushing the pram at parkrun 5km each Saturday. The kids are getting heavier and I'm not getting much faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better put those kids on a diet.

But seriously, how many miles did it take to wear out the tires? I have a single and double BOB and have used them for years. The tires seem to last forever.
Quote Reply
Re: Chariot pram tires [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked them about dieting on Saturday. They didn't think it was a good idea. Maybe aero helmets??

Tires must be near 10 years old. I bought it used and have had it for 6 years. At minimum it's out once a week.

I would have kept using them as there is a tiny bit of tread left. We got a flat yesterday and I noticed ten places where little thorns were. Once I pulled them out I can see through the tire.

Here's the pic with a torch behind.

Quote Reply
Re: Chariot pram tires [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you're interested I got the schwalbe shredda tires. It's a bmx tire and is 2'' wide. Looks like it should work well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have conti 20" ones that can be pumped up to 90psi or so. When I was using our chariot, I would pump them up to 75psi or so. They were much, much faster than the stock tires and the kids never minded,
Quote Reply
Re: Chariot pram tires [mcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks. These can go to 70psi only. I'll give it a try putting more pressure in. I thought the ride would be too hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply