Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Champ Sys Apex
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for any guidance at all on the sizing for the Champion System Apex sleeved suit. My team uses CS for our gear and I would love to get an Apex but I'm struggling with their sizing charts. Anyone have one of these things? (I like it for sun protection and the one piece design for longer distance racing, any aero benefit would just be a plus).

For reference, I'm 6' 182 pounds. I wear the large in both the top and bottom for their two piece stuff but the large top is slightly big, bottom is perfect. Anyone's experience with this suit would be great. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [IronDadTony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it is worth, I just got mine and tried it on once. I love my regular one piece Champion System suits (no sleeves). I wear a large in that style and have 2 of them. One I use for sprints that doesn't have pockets and the other has 2 pockets on the back for gels that I use in longer races. I love the fit (they are tight but not restrictive) and have worn them for half and full iron distance races. For pictures of me in these suits, look at my profile pictures from IM Florida and IM 70.3 Raleigh.

Like you, I thought the sleeved suit would be a good option for sun protection on the shoulders/upper back area so I ordered a Large sleeved suit. Again, I have not raced in the sleeved suit and only tried it on once so far. That thing is super tight, very restrictive and (in my case at least) it seems that you have to be a gymnast to get the thing on. It has a seam that runs under the armpits and across the chest that seems like it is going to chafe like a son of a..........

I am seriously thinking I should have ordered an XL in this specific suit. Maybe my opinions will be different after I actually work out in the suit, but I'm even hesitant to train in it.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Jul 30, 14 15:45
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, great info. That's definitely what I was afraid of. The measurements indicate that the top is ridiculously tight.

In your experience, does their large sleeveless give you a little more room then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered one a few weeks back with our team order, mainly to try it out and see if I want to make it available for the rest of the team for next year. I am also concerned with sun protection which is why I am giving it a try.

I normally order a Med bottom and Small top with Champion Systems, so I went with the Medium Apex sleeved suit. I should be here in early September, so if I remember I will follow up or feel free to shoot me a message.

They do seem tight, I got my zipper in the back (I've always been a fan of that), and I'm assuming I might need to wear it around a bit to stretch it. Wear it around the house a bit, for a few bricks, grocery shopping, movie theaters, stuff like that.

I'm 6'0 and 145-150ish, as a reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronDadTony wrote:
Thanks, great info. That's definitely what I was afraid of. The measurements indicate that the top is ridiculously tight.

In your experience, does their large sleeveless give you a little more room then?

I think a sleeveless is going to give you more "room" basically just because a sleeved suit is going to be more restrictive no matter what. With that being said, the sleeveless is WAY more comfortable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6"2 and 140lbs, wear a small in every CS piece - including the Apex Speedsuit. It's tight but not restrictive - just as it should be, it feels "painted on".

If sun protection is your only concern, pick whatever size you want. But if you want the suit to remain fast, take the same size as the sleeveless suits.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The large top is a little big on me so I'm thinking a large speed suit may work well. Thanks for the feedback everyone, their size chart shows the speed suits are A LOT smaller in the chest than their one piece so I was concerned. Sounds like that's true but it's supposed to be tight like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then I'd go for the Large: I also find the Small tops a bit loose, whereas the Small bibs, jerseys, running shirts etc all fit great. Something about the two-piece top sizing doesn't quite click.

Apex fabric has a lot of stretch to it.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24

any update on how the sleeved suit fit? Complaints?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beavertriathlon wrote:
japarker24

any update on how the sleeved suit fit? Complaints?

Thanks

I have not worn it in a race. I've actually only worn the suit a couple of times (training rides). To be honest, I basically took 2014 off from training and I'm up quite a few pounds so I don't think I can even put it on at this point.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the apex sleeved last year. Zip in the front.
I'm 6'4. .. 215.. I wear an XL CS top and a large bottom in separates.
I got the XL suit and it's great !
I like the long short and the sleeves don't ride.
The zip in the front is very handy for potty breaks too.
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just under 6', 170-165# (fairly broad shoulders, thick chest) and have a Medium Apex, fits like a glove. Feels like you're going to tear it the first couple times you put it on, but now is fine. Taking it off is still easiest with the help of a 2nd person though! Love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are placing a big /group order with CS see if they will send you out a couple of sizing suits.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought their tri-suits fit similar to Pearl Izumi but their cycling jerseys and tri shorts run short (not small but short).
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
I'm 6"2 and 140lbs, wear a small in every CS piece - including the Apex Speedsuit.
Ouch - I wish I had seen your post before I ordered blind and based on their tables. I'm just slightly bigger than you. it's due for delivery on monday so I'll find out then if I've made an expensive mistake...
Quote Reply
Re: Champ Sys Apex [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on how skinny your arms are. Mine are Froome-sticks, any wider and a size up wouldn't be a mistake.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply