Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Venice, Italy
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice this? There's a few clues out there, but no official announcement.

Full distance. June 5, 2016.

Flat and fast terrain around Venice.

I imagine a pretty stunning course.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes there will be (I suppose 95%) the race next june.
have a look at their Facebook account here:
https://www.facebook.com/...425435083747?fref=ts

challenge is not yet mentioned, but it's really clear will be a challenge Family race
Venice is quite on the Background and courses are on the mainland
I'm really happy of new development of Long distances in Italy even if I have some concerns about water Quality in the area and, honestly at least for me, bike course seems to be really boring (totally flat inside a sort of "middle of nowhere" area). You can easily check the map and browse Google street view and have a clear idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [scottim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. The swim will be in the lagoon. I suppose logistically it would be difficult to put it in the Adriatic and finish in Venice.
I would be worried about water quality as well.

I've driven through the area around Venice, it's beautiful in it's own way.
I prefer some hills, but many love flat courses.
Although, from my experience racing triathlon in Europe, Italians like to ride in peletons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess that, as of quite all other Challenge races, the start will be in different waves in order to minimize Group riders risk.
Anyway the organizer has just guaranteed on Facebook that a lot of marshals will be around the course.

Just a simple note at the margin: it's not an Italian Problem to ride in Groups in no-draft race, it's quite a worldwide Problem.
I have done races all around Europe and the Problem is everywhere (German ppl quite the best in drafting...)
some friends raced various places in USA and told me about the Problem also there is really heavy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scottim wrote:
I guess that, as of quite all other Challenge races, the start will be in different waves in order to minimize Group riders risk.
Anyway the organizer has just guaranteed on Facebook that a lot of marshals will be around the course.

Just a simple note at the margin: it's not an Italian Problem to ride in Groups in no-draft race, it's quite a worldwide Problem.
I have done races all around Europe and the Problem is everywhere (German ppl quite the best in drafting...)
some friends raced various places in USA and told me about the Problem also there is really heavy...

True enough. It has to do more with large starts instead of waves, and flat courses.

I did Challenge Roth once and there was very little drafting from what I saw. Shocking for such a large race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If true this is a shot across the bow. IM 70.3 Pula is just across the border there.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
If true this is a shot across the bow. IM 70.3 Pula is just across the border there.

I've vacationed all over the Istrian peninsula. Pula would be a decent place to do a tri. It's at the end of September though, not really a competing race.

Now if somone put on a half or full in Rovinj... that is one of the most beautiful places in Europe. There is a sprint tri currently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
end of september means in the area also elbaman, an indipendent race on top of the stage for its quality with 11 yrs of history on the back (full and half distance)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scottim wrote:
end of september means in the area also elbaman, an indipendent race on top of the stage for its quality with 11 yrs of history on the back (full and half distance)
Elbaman is a great race. I have done it once only (clashes with work peak time), fantastic friendly atmosphere, beautiful scenic ride but it's NOT flat!

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
info for interested athletes:

tomorrow at about 12am (CET time) it will be open a pre-registration after the official announcement on the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madicosastiamoparlando/750425435083747?fref=ts

who will pre-register will be 100% sure to have a place when official entries will open (9th July)
as 1st edition there will be 1000 places. Not really clear if this number is for individual race only or include also relay race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's official now

www.challengevenice.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scottim wrote:
that's official now

www.challengevenice.com[/quote]

Are you sure that site is real? It lists no date, never mentions the actual distance, and there is no mention at all on the main Challenge site.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ciao, the site is real and the event is real! We just launched it today and we are working hard to organize an unforgettable event for all the people that will come overseas. Benvenuti in Italia! If you need any information let me know. Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [ChallengeVenice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck! Sounds like it has potential. I am no marketing or internet guru, but you may want to do a few things like identify the date of the race and point out it is a full distance tri (if it is) in a prominent spot on your webpage.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goog advice, thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [ChallengeVenice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I pre-registered. The wife is game for an Italian vacation...

Can you post some maps of the proposed routes?
I'd like to get a better sense of the elevations, shade/sun, etc for the courses.

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Venice, Italy [SPBaldwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ciao Sam, we will post the bike and run map on the web site in the next days. I can tell you that cycling is totally flat in nice roads with new asphalt, we will have a piece of 20km to go out and then 3 laps of 46 km and then 20k back to T2. The run is into a park and a small forest, partially in the shade and partially in the sun, with a couple of small bridges. It will be a 4 laps of 10 k to do 4 tmes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
browse this Facebook Profile and find all courses

https://www.facebook.com/...425435083747?fref=ts

according to what I can see and know of the area
- bike less than 50m of total climb
- run almost flat

in General very few shadow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Flat, fast, and sunny...

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes....flat, fast, sunny....and a great hospitality in an incredible iconic place!!
Quote Reply