Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Roth for Honeymoon 2017
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts and recommendations about getting a spot+travel package vs trying my luck to get a spot and do my own travel booking? (Price, convenience).
Our honeymoon plan for 2017 it is.;)

"All should have the freedom to race what you want, the distance you want, aboard the bike of your choice. or using no bike at all. and at the price you can afford." - Dan Empfield aka Slowman
Last edited by: xkim128: Jul 28, 15 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth for Honeymoon 2017 [xkim128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your plans for after the divorce?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xkim128 wrote:
Any thoughts and recommendations about getting a spot+travel package vs trying my luck to get a spot and do my own travel booking? (Price, convenience).
Our honeymoon plan for 2017 it is.;)

I would assume your significant other races too? Otherwise, nickwhite has a point! :)

Fiancé & I did IMMT last year and had a blast. I did IMZA this year while she worked in the medical tent and jealously watched me race. We're doing IMTX 2016 and planning a Fall 2016 wedding. She loves racing, but even she draws the line at us doing a race/honeymoon!

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth for Honeymoon 2017 [uclamutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did Ironman Zurich on our honeymoon. My amazing wife does not race or do tri's, but is very supportive of my hobby. I can tell you that you shouldn't go for a PR because burying yourself will ruin the vacation/experience.

Generally the tour companies are focused solely on the race and offer little outside of that experience. We opted to piece together our vacation so we could do what we wanted. This worked good as my wife and I did lots of traveling to other areas before and after the race. Roth maybe a little different because it sells out so quick. You could always contact a tour company and ask them to tailor something for you. Besides, you will probably want a nicer hotel room anyway. Sounds like you have a great wife, best of luck to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is almost quite literally nothing to do in Roth. Nuremberg is close, but still... Why not something like IM France?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did Roth and my new wife came along and not only loved the area but loved the 5 days after in Salzburg, which is only about 3 hours away. You can also incorporate Prague and other cities with a little time and planning. We secured our spot in Roth through TriTravel/Race Quest. Would highly recommend them if you decide to go that route. Challenge Roth is one of a kind.
Quote Reply